• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco designs Moved?? sold??

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I ordered a set of flares from Mike at Bronco Designs. I never talked to Mike I just did the deal thru the web site. About a week after I ordered them I got an E mail from Corey? He said that the flares were built to order and it would take about a week before they could get to it. All good no problems. In about a week I got another e mail that the flares were in the mold and would be taken out and trimmed up and shipping soon. Again no problems with me, in fact this Corey guy sure was good at letting me know what was up. Tonight I got another e mail from Corey stating there was a little delay due to Bronco designs moving? Here is the e mail.

Roger,

I was not able to ship the flares yet. I am not sure if you are aware, but the production for BroncoDesign moved to Tennessee at the end of the year. Therefore we are just getting everything setup and functioning properly. Long story short, I did not have the right size box to ship your flares in. I will have it tomorrow and have them shipped out by the end of the day. So sorry for the delay. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know!

Thanks,
Corey

So Whats up? anyone know the story/ Did Mike just get sick of the cold weather and move? I have to say this- Mike is Bronco designs. If he is not still involved, the new guy will have to be pretty talented to produce a product = to Mikes. I really have no Idea what is going on. So I am wondering what the story is?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Yes, Mike sold BroncoDesign to a guy in Nashville, TN who will be running it with his son.

Mike told me he had a few potential buyers and said he thought these guys were the most detail oriented and would be able to carry on with the high quality people have come to expect from BroncoDesign. They are also "Bronco people" and actually called to buy one of Mike's tubs and ended up buying the company instead after Mike found out the father was a very experianced fiberglass and fiberglass tooling guy himself (recently retired from working for a large fiberglass manufacturter as I recall).

Having known Mike probably longer than most anyone else in the Bronco community, I can tell you that is is very particular about his molds and how they are cared for. They are like his children almost. Lots of time, money, blood, sweat and tears has gone into making all the tooling which he has built over the 15-16 years I have known him and I am sure he would only turn that all over to someone he was very confident in.

Mike has taken a job with his former composite supplier as a sales or technical rep down in NC and Southern VA where he will be going to everyone from mom and pop shops to large places like Boeing to help trouble shoot processes and support the product line.

I certainly wish him the best on his new career and hope to still see him and Melanie at some future events like the Super Celibration and the East Coast Bronco Roundup.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Thanks Drew, It's good to know what is going on. I do wish Mike the best on his new job and their move. I also wish Corey and his father luck in their new "Bronco Design's part duex" and I also hope my flares are good.

Bax

Dlish

I would occasionally check in with Mike regarding the full hardtop...hope the new owners get some time to finish up the molds for that too!

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Kind of bummed about this, Mike does great work and I've been kicking around building another glass Bronco. If the new guys do the same quality of work they should stay busy. Hope Mike stays involved in MEB, he's a stand up guy! Good luck to him in his new position.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm glad we got our new body when we did...sounds like there were not many more made afterward.

I can certainly understand Mike's career change; the effort and attention to detail he put in his composite work was remarkable and that makes it hard(er) to eke out a good living with limited production capacity.

Sure hope the new owners carry do well with it.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
NOTHING but well wishes for the Standleys....insanely nice people (in a good way ;D) Good luck to the new owners as Mike is a tough act to follow.

74fiberglass

Wow . Best of luck Mike & Mel..
I guess i should of ordered my parts when he was local to me. Lol

mavereq

Bronco Guru
Mike told me the new owner is very talented. It's sad to see him move on but I was glad to hear he'll be doing something a little less demanding. He was pretty hard on himself.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
IF YOU looked like Mike you be hard on yourself too!

mavereq

Bronco Guru
good point. i knew there was a reason he always wore that respirator.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
IF YOU looked like Mike you be hard on yourself too!

Randy, look who's talking!! :eek: Just kidding! Wish the best for both the new owners and Mike moving on. No doubt about it, being self employed can definitely consume a person's life!! Especially when you are a craftsman and creating product with your own hands.

jbass

I ordered some flares in late December from them. I was also told it was going to take a couple weeks and they shipped yesterday. Corey provided outstanding customer service initially and then later when I emailed him about recommended fasteners. His response was very clear and he answered my question in complete detail. It appears he left the company in good hands!
These flares are going to be put on the shelf but I still can not wait to get my hands on them!

dunacn1

Loc.
Holland, PA
I guess this answers my dilemma of whether to go with the Bronco Design hood or the Buckaroo. Procrastination bites me again!

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Got my new flares today. They look really good. Nice and beefy. I did a quick fit check and they appear to fit very nice. We will install in the AM.

Kbpony

Bax, can you share contact info for Corey? I would like to talk to him about several items. Thanks!

BroncoDesignTN

Sponsor/Vendor
Hello all! This is Corey from BroncoDesign. My father and I are the new owners of BroncoDesign. My dad has been in the fiberglass industry for 40+ years. He has built anything from RV's, swimming pools, to Corvette parts. He, like Mike is very detail and quality oriented. We are going to maintain the same standards & quality for all parts as Mike previously set.

Dad has had a love for bronco's just as long as he has been in fiberglass. He has owned several over the years, including a fiberglass build he did in the 80's.

I have helped dad on and off for the last 15 years with various fiberglass projects. I have a lot of customer service and management experience. So I will be the main contact point for the company. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more info about our products or us!

We are located just south of Nashville in La Vergne, TN. You can reach me in the following ways: Corey@broncodesign.com or 615-535-9540

I look forward to getting to know the community!