• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco frame supporting Suzuki Samurai body

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
Hi All,
I searched the posts and couldn’t find anything. While hunting for a build I recently came across someone selling a Suzuki Samurai on a 77 Bronco frame. The info I have says it has a 302, C4 trans, Dana 44 front, 9” rear. It’s at a great price and seems to have the usual 77 Bronco setup. Is anyone familiar with these swaps? My plan is to go with stock setup for the Bronco build. Im just trying to gauge what repairs the frame may need. I don’t know how much was modified to fit the body. Not sure if the wheel well placements are different and if the wheelbase was changed. As always, thank you all in advance for your input.

Mike

OP
OP
Mikes Early Bronco

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
I just found out the title that came with it is for the Suzuki. I’m going to pass. The owner says the body was stretched to fit the frame. Settling but after speaking to the DMV (PennDOT), I’d prefer it to have a title.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
depending on how cheap it may still be worth the price just for the parts as long as everything is in good condition. Heck the OE 4 turn boxes are fetching good $ now

OP
OP
Mikes Early Bronco

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
Thanks all. I’ll post it in the “For Sale on Craigslist” thread. I found a 74 EB with a clean title in ND I might check out. A long distance buy makes me nervous though. Thanks again.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I checked out that link and looks like a decent deal for the parts. Drive train, axles, steering and new wheels and tires. I think its still worth the money for the parts. I am sure you could sell the suzuki parts and make back some of that money as well.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If the frame has the vin, you can register and title it as a bronco.