• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco graveyard side mirrors

bu66a

Loc.
Seattle
I ordered these for my 1970. I open the box and the mirrors a little bigger and the holes for the bolts are way farther apart than the originals I took off. Did they send me the wrong ones or what? I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what's going on. On the box it says 1967-1977 mirror replacement. Very confused.

OP
OP
B

bu66a

Loc.
Seattle
So I called them this morning and they said the original mounting holes are 5 7/8" center to center. Mine are at least 1 1/2-2" shorter than this. I'm at work now so I can't take pictures of it or measure, but has anyone else come across this problem? From what I understand my bronco is completely stock. Bronco Graveyard was thinking they are off an old Mustang or something, but there is no sign of covered holes or altering in the door. Any ideas? Thanks!

OP
OP
B

bu66a

Loc.
Seattle
Whoops, yea I was going to paste that link in. Those are what I bought, and they are too big. Don't have pics yet, but if you look in my gallery you can kinda see them on the side of my rig. They look identical, just smaller.

OP
OP
B

bu66a

Loc.
Seattle
If you look in my gallery i took a few photos of the mirrors tonight. You can see the holes are way farther apart and I don't really want to drill anymore into the door. There is the original mirror, the new one and the new gasket that goes on the new one. You can really tell how far apart the holes are with the new gasket. Do I have aftermarket doors and mirrors? I'm still very confused on this...

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Is this pic of your current mirror? I don't think that's factory Ford. Or not Bronco at least.

photo-22.JPG

OP
OP
B

bu66a

Loc.
Seattle
Yep thats my old mirror. They look pretty darn close as in design wise, but my old ones are just a tad smaller, and obviously the mount is all different. I can't imagine they put new doors on at some point. I thought everything was stock...

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
As old as these trucks are, there can be alot that isn't Ford OEM.

Mine has a inside remote on the passenger side ,that wasn't even an option when it was new,PO custom. Looks like it came there.
If you could get inside the door you might find evidence of the old holes being welded closed. A lot can change in 34+ years. Just look at the pics of some of the projects on here.