• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Hut Headers and Exhaust

u10072

Bronco Guru
Hello All,
Anyone used the Bronco Hut Headers with their full exhaust? Live to hear the opinions in it if you actually run it.

Thx!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Lick Creek Restorations has posted here a number of times about that being all they'll use on their restoration. They speak highly of them. englewoodcowboy is the owner's screen name here on the board if you want to message him.

House

Minutia Militia
I have one here sitting in the box, can't wait to install it! haha

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
I am I like it Pull up Youtube 74 Bronco Explorer swap by Tiko433.
Sanderson shorty headers and a 2-1 exhaust

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I am and know several others that run it also. The headers are very nice and fit well, even with a 4R70W. The passenger side collector ring will contact the corner of the inner fender with a 351w but it's easy to deal with.

The exhaust system fit well on my Bronco. It is designed to cross over behind the rear of the oil pan, in front of the blockplate. Some pans don't have space there and it will create a problem. The exhaust sounds good and is not too loud.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Lick Creek Restorations has posted here a number of times about that being all they'll use on their restoration. They speak highly of them. englewoodcowboy is the owner's screen name here on the board if you want to message him.

Thanks, yes we use them and do love them for most of our builds. I am not a fan of true duals due to the tight space so I prefer the 2 into 1. We have a customer who had to have duals and we are using Duffs new system on that one, another nice option now. As far as huts exhaust, it will not work with a stock Explorer oil pan without modification but they work well with later mustang dual sump pans that we run. They also work well with the "P" heads which is our main concern,

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I run them and echo what Viper said.

Work great with my P heads.

Last edited:

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
The passenger side collector ring will contact the corner of the inner fender with a 351w but it's easy to deal with.

YUP YUP This but it's an easy fix

I'm running the headers only. I built my own exhaust from a kit. Bought it at Summit. I run the hated duals but use "cherry bombs" so space isn't really an issue. A little tight on the D side at the T-case but it's livable to me. Get the right size CB's and they will be quiet when you want and loud when you want.

The headers work great on my P heads and stock 96 E350 351W plug wires work with no issues.

Tim

jgrow

I've run the system for just under 10k miles now. Bolted up to a 97 exploder 302. I love the growl. Get good bolts for headers, mine tend to vibrate loose. would purchase again.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Inner fender mod...
d1c228de07942b491631ffb93699ce7d.jpg

1970 w/427W Injected Stroker

OP
OP
u10072

u10072

Bronco Guru
This is good to know the Hut exhaust won’t work with a stock explorer oil pan which is exactly what this EB has. Thanks for the info. He might have been referring to me possibly??

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
This is good to know the Hut exhaust won’t work with a stock explorer oil pan which is exactly what this EB has. Thanks for the info. He might have been referring to me possibly??

I know at least one person that has used it with the wrong type of oil pan. I just don't know what was done to the exhaust to make it fit.

jgrow

I’m running stock Explorer pan. Works for me. Oil changes are a little tight but I have no problem with it.

jgrow

I don’t find it terrible. I drain the oil into a 6” diameter catch can without overspill. I do find screwing the plug back in more difficulties to access. I’m 5 oil changes in with this setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
I've got the BH headers, they've been great. Good sound and they fit nicely on my 302/ZF5 combo
36ef515164c06f32eb6059d6356a7631.jpg
48da2ccc8c0c19f4003a3754f84a6df1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk