• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Hut in Colorado ??

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Has anyone ever dealt with the guys at Bronco Hut in Castle Rock, CO? I am just curious because it would be nice to have a vendor a little closer to myself for some things.

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
Sbolt19 said:
Has anyone ever dealt with the guys at Bronco Hut in Castle Rock, CO? I am just curious because it would be nice to have a vendor a little closer to myself for some things.

Yes, she went out of her way for me on a tailgate. Very nice, Melissa I believe.
I wish their website had pictures. I NEED PICTURES!!!! I want to see their new hood!

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
I havent bought anything from them, but I called and they were very helpful on a question I had. I am going to head up there one of these days to look at their shop

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Definetely check them out. Great people and Bronco fans. Bronco Hut was actually a big supporter of our Midwest 40th Anniversary Bronco Round-Up. Give Melissa a call over there and say "hi" for us flatlanders.

sjpiro

Loc.
Wenatchee
I have had several transactions with the lady at Bronco Hut. Each has been very smooth with a personal touch. The product received was excellent quality, and shipped timely. I especially liked their diamondplate tunnel cover.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I got my 68 from Melissa and Dana. Very good people. Great to work with. Melissa was always nice and helpfull to me, dealing with them is a sure thing. You will be taken good care of, I was.

Bax

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
*In my opinion*, I hear they are nice people and are honest, however you can find parts MUCH cheaper than they sell.

I am pretty sure they get alot of parts from the guy who used to own Eric's Bronco Corral. My dad bought a rear window from them (Bronco Hut) a while back. Before I knew that, I put a call into Eric and he mentioned he just sold another one the day before. When I compared what he was asking and what my dad had paid, their prices were pretty close to twice as much (something like $45-Eric versus $85-Bronco Corral). He would not say who he sold it too but he said it was a local Bronco vendor.

If you are looking for parts for an EB, in south Denver/Parker area let me know. Eric is a great guy and his prices on used Bronco parts are more reasonable then any other Bronco vendor I am aware of. He also has a few Broncos for sale and does Bronco restoration and work. Plus, if you can talk him into it, he may show you the old Viking Pools and Spa Bronco KbarS had in their catalog! Another piece of cool Bronco history.

I am in no way related to, or work for him, I just keep track of good Bronco vendors in the Denver Metro area. He is one to keep track of.
Dennis

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Sbolt19,
I just looked at your Avitar, since you are a Colorado Springs guy (CC Tigers?) you may want to look up "Bronco Don". He lives down by the junk yards off Nevada. He had a BUNCH of early Broncos and a ton of parts as well. He was a good place to buy parts, the problem was he was retired and worked when he wanted and was sometimes hard to get in contact with. I would buy from him or Eric first before any other local or internet based vendor when looking for used parts.
Thanks
Dennis

thomstone

Loc.
prescott
b.c.hut

just got my first delivery from Melissa, great to work with, have bought from toms, wild horse duff and chuck all all good but the customer service, advice and tech info was best from her.I plan to give them first crack at all my future needs.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I have bought from Chucks, Wild Horses and a couple others over the years as well. I kind of think good service, fast shipping is a minimum baseline. Too many people these days think its an option.

Now on trying to find good advice, that is worth something. How much I am not sure.

I usually do not buy the cheapest I can find, as I respect those who truely ad value. I also am frustrated when I get gouged on price. I called Bronco Hut on a Dana 44 and their cheapest price was around $1k. I then called Eric and he had one for less than $500. Both front ends were parts truck units in "good" condition. Roughly the same.

Is it fair to pay that much more for advice?

I have spent time out at Eric's shop as well as talked to him on the phone and he is always willing to spend time giving opinions and ideas on how to do stuff.

He just seems to have better operating margins and can pass the discount on to the customer.

My intent here is not to bash Bronco Hut, they seem to be an honest solid business. In fact on some of the items they make or have new they may be more cost competitive.

On used gear though you should check with Eric FIRST and compare pricing with BH before you buy.

jaroh

Where exactly are these places in Colorado Springs? I am stuck here for two more weeks and that would be an excellant way to get away from this school. Spending money on Bronco stuff!!

Duane

71 SPORT

Loc.
LAKEWOOD COLORADO
dnewman9 said:
I have bought from Chucks, Wild Horses and a couple others over the years as well. I kind of think good service, fast shipping is a minimum baseline. Too many people these days think its an option.

Now on trying to find good advice, that is worth something. How much I am not sure.

I usually do not buy the cheapest I can find, as I respect those who truely ad value. I also am frustrated when I get gouged on price. I called Bronco Hut on a Dana 44 and their cheapest price was around $1k. I then called Eric and he had one for less than $500. Both front ends were parts truck units in "good" condition. Roughly the same.

Is it fair to pay that much more for advice?

I have spent time out at Eric's shop as well as talked to him on the phone and he is always willing to spend time giving opinions and ideas on how to do stuff.

He just seems to have better operating margins and can pass the discount on to the customer.

My intent here is not to bash Bronco Hut, they seem to be an honest solid business. In fact on some of the items they make or have new they may be more cost competitive.

On used gear though you should check with Eric FIRST and compare pricing with BH before you buy.
Does Eric have a new shop? I used to buy parts from him when he owned wild west auto.I went to buy some more and his shop was closed in englewood.

haydenjsle

Loc.
Southern CO
jaroh said:
Where exactly are these places in Colorado Springs? I am stuck here for two more weeks and that would be an excellant way to get away from this school. Spending money on Bronco stuff!!

Duane

There's only one place in Colo. Springs--Don Allison's Early Bronco junkyard @ I-25 and S. Nevada Ave. next to all the other junkyards. I think the street name is Hugo St.--he is located at the very end of the street going west--no signs and the broncos can't be seen from the street due to a tall fence . He is only open on Saturdays--if he's not hunting. Nice guy, but a little pricey. IIRC he has about 30 early broncos in his yard.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I've dealt with Bronco Hut a few times. all on used stuff. got my 6pt cage there, my aluminum wheels, a new lighter(free cuz it was broke, I fixed it), a section of bed so I could make a patch...I think that's all. they're about 20 minutes away from where I'm at.
Melissa and Dana are both very nice people, and know what they're talkin about. The green trail Bronco they have is pretty gnarly. I saw it when they were still putting it together.

I've also seen Bronco Don in colorado springs a few times. mostly just to wander through his lot, and see what all he's got. but he is hard to get a hold of. I ended up buying my steel door panels from him. he's also a real nice guy.

I've dealt with Eric 1st at the Bronco Corral, and then at wild west. he's alright. real nice when I bought new suspension bushings from him, but the last time I dealt with him he was pretty busy, and kinda dismissed me like he didn't even care that I wanted to buy somethin. so I didn't.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Bronco Hut=good prices and great customer service
Melissa= very knowledgeable, knows her chit
Try them

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Bronco Don is the guy described above. He has a ton of parts and for what I delt with was reasonable. He even gave me a trade in on a Dana 30 when I upgraded to a 44 a few years ago.

I guess with anything your mileage will vary.

Eric has his Broncos and shop out at his house in Elizabeth. In fact my dad said last time we were out there Melissa and Dana were just leaving assumablly after buying parts from Eric.

You can PM him at 70rdstr.

Again your mileage will vary with any vendor, you may just want to PM Eric before you buy used Bronco parts. I have given him a heads up on this post. Hopefully he will reply back with better contact information.

CC135_inND

Loc.
Fayetteville, TN
I have dealt with them and I have nothing but good things to say. When I was living in ND i was coresponding with them on a Dana 44 for my 67. We were talking about shipping it, and then I got an e-mail ut of the blue. They said they were going on vacation n the Midwest and asked if I wanted them to bring the 44 and meet somewhere? I said sure and we met in Fargo ND at Hooters and made the exchange. Great people for sure. Just my 2 cents.

70rdstr

Loc.
Elizabeth
Hi Guys,
First I'd like to thank Dennis for his kind words and support. I am still playing the Bronco game, and still doing work for some of my old customers.
I sell a fair amount to Bronco Hut, and I buy a lot from them too. Since Wild West Off road closed, I wanted to take a break from owning a 8 to 6 shop, and do things my own way, instead of having business partners.
A few years back, I bought the 19 early Broncos in Delta, parted the junk, and sold a few, and have some left. If I can help you with parts, service, or any ideas, please let me know.
Thanks, Eric 303-646-1159

PS, ugly74, I do apoligize if I didn't pay attention, to what you needed, the last time we met. Things were pretty tence many times with 3 owners.

Again, I am sorry.