• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco noob... curious which one of these is a better deal, or anything that are red flags from the descriptions

bsteab0yz

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
You're never going to find a 'deal' on auto trader. Just watch the classifieds on this site for several weeks and browse through past sold listings to get an idea of value. Good luck!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But counter offers can be made. So there’s always that.
I haven’t looked at each one yet, but will do that and see if anything stands out.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They all seem at least semi legit.
The expensive green one seems to me the most thoroughly thought out in the write up. They all have illegitimate mileage claims, so don’t even worry about that. Not a valid comparison point.

Most of them don’t seem to be the original color, so hopefully that doesn’t matter to you.
Most of them don’t seem to have their own hard tops either. The first 66 is actually a roadster (u13 VIN) so that might have some value to you.
One of them was a Halfcab (U14 VIN) but now has a full soft top.
The only real red flag it is bedliner, top and bottom on the floor. But since it’s done by a restoration shop, they will hopefully have pictures of the process if they used it either protect pristine floors, or replace rusted floors.
Hopefully not just covered with bedliner, which is a common practice of flippers.

Torkman66

Contributor
They are all nice with just the pics and descriptions. Crazy prides, but that’s what these things restored are getting. The single most important issue at these prices is that they dhould all be rust free. Unfortunately some folks cover up rust with bondo and paint and you don’t know it for a couple years when it starts to bubble the paint.
1. Go look at them in person or pay for someone to inspect them that know early broncos.
2. Pay more for rust free, upgraded components that make it a better driver.
3. Don’t give them full price.
4. Look around, ask local clubs, and check more for sale options and you will find much better deals.
5. Did I say be very, very, aware of hidden rust?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
But counter offers can be made. So there’s always that.
I haven’t looked at each one yet, but will do that and see if anything stands out.

always have an offer, max budget in mind

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
They are all nice with just the pics and descriptions. Crazy prides, but that’s what these things restored are getting. The single most important issue at these prices is that they dhould all be rust free. Unfortunately some folks cover up rust with bondo and paint and you don’t know it for a couple years when it starts to bubble the paint.
1. Go look at them in person or pay for someone to inspect them that know early broncos.
2. Pay more for rust free, upgraded components that make it a better driver.
3. Don’t give them full price.
4. Look around, ask local clubs, and check more for sale options and you will find much better deals.
5. Did I say be very, very, aware of hidden rust?

Well said