• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco on Gatekeeper (Calico, CA)

OP
OP
C

Craig T

Loc.
Westlake Village
are those regular crawlers, or did you end up finding a set of red labels?

Ben, Only regular Krawlers (for now). BFG is really accounting for all the Red Labels. If you're not a competition team, it's almost impossible to get them. I have a couple teams promising to sell their take-offs, but no word yet.

Trailpsycho, thanks for forgiveness on that TC. You have no idea what the last six months have been like for me (two moves and two job changes). If you ever get to SoCal please let me know. I'd like to make it up to you.

Craig

jwh

Great video and sweet truck. Seeing the sun out and the top off, crawling through rocks is really making me wish summer would hurry up and come

A4x4Junky

Loc.
South Jersey
Seeing the sun out and the top off, crawling through rocks is really making me wish summer would hurry up and come

I dont even have rocks around me and I have to agree with this. Very nice vid, looked like you handled it very easily.

Anthony

welndmn

Bronco Guru
You drive a Hunted house! j/K
Nice video, really nice wheels!

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
what is a red label?

Red Label BFG Krawlers are their competition compound...super-dooper sticky tires. Blue Labels are what BFG sell as a DOT legal version of the comp tire. Still sticky, but much more comparable to other DOT tires that are expected to last more than 10k miles on the street.

H8tulooze

Loc.
Corona, CA
Great Vid, as soon as I finish my Bronco in the next couple of weeks, ill try that spot out. Where is it in Calico?

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Great Vid, as soon as I finish my Bronco in the next couple of weeks, ill try that spot out. Where is it in Calico?

Its at the beginning of Doran Canyon. Turn up into Odessa Canyon just east of the ghost town, then stay left when the canyon splits a half mile or so in. It’s a great obstacle and the one that makes Doran arguably the toughest canyon there. But take away that spot and Odessa is tougher over all. BTW, "Gatekeeper" is sort of a misnomer since there's an easy bypass around it. Most folks call it the waterfall (yeah like that isn't a misnomer too). BTW I can't view the clip here at work so I'll have to check it out tonight :(

H8tulooze, keep an eye on the So Cal Broncos yahoo group as we head to Calico a couple times a year. In fact we were just there a couple weeks ago for the big Calico Cleanup. But we're always headed somewhere, with at least one or two runs a month so hook up with us if you want to wheel! (you too CraigT!)

Dusty

OP
OP
C

Craig T

Loc.
Westlake Village
H8tulooze, keep an eye on the So Cal Broncos yahoo group as we head to Calico a couple times a year. But we're always headed somewhere, with at least one or two runs a month so hook up with us if you want to wheel! (you too CraigT!)

Dusty

What do I do Dusty?, just go to Yahoo Groups and search So Ca Broncos? Can I just log in?

Craig

Dusty

Bronco Guru
What do I do Dusty?, just go to Yahoo Groups and search So Ca Broncos? Can I just log in?

Craig

Well I see you already found it. If anyone else is interested, follow the link in my sig. See you on the trail Craig.

Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru

Finally got a chance to check out the vid. Dude that was SWEET! You rarely see that obstacle driven so cleanly! Congrats.

Here's my junk on that obstacle:
100_9070.jpg

I fell into the hole but drove out of it.

Dusty