• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Owners in Central Oregon

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
I have recently moved to Central Oregon from "true northern" California (Red Bluff). Wondering how many others are in Central Oregon. I see some broncos on occasion. Would anyone be interested in a small gathering once every month or two? I also have a 68 mustang convertible with a 351 cleavland. Gotta love anything ford. Let me know.

Jeff

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
I'm not in OR, but just up North of you in SW WA State. I'd be willing to drive down some time over the summer for a meet and greet. I looked at the pic of your EB in the gallery, that is a GREAT color on an EB.

Dan

Bucmaster

I know that more than a few people head to the Oregon coast in August(SOB). May see you there.

OP
OP
jeffjess72

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
There has got to be some people her from Central Oregon. I just saw a EB on Highland (by high school) in Redmond today. Brown with a little lift, blond woman driver. My wife was driving our car (she gave her a tumbs up). Maybe the same EB that I see at the shell station on Hwy 97 north in Redmond.

Come on, anyone in Redmond, Bend, Sisters, Lapine, Prinville?

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I am looking at a job in Bend/Redmond. I seriously hope it works out.

OP
OP
jeffjess72

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
69patriot76, thanks for the color approval. It was originally dark green and the first attempted at a dark green metalic paint job was less than nice. I decided to go a bit more kelly green to make sure it didn't look black like the first attempt (and a different painter). I will let you know if we have a little meet and greet (but it is looking unlikely.)

Bucmaster, where is Marshfield OR? I can't find it on the map. I will be at SOB this year for sure. I have already made my camping reservations and I am counting the days. I went in 2000 & 2003 and loved it.

74bronc, hope you get the job up here. If you do, send me a PM if I can do anyhting to help. Since I just moved back in November I am a semi pro at relocating.

Jeff

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeffjess72

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
Thanks, I thinking of attending the BBQ in WA on the 3rd of May. Hopefully I can meet some of the Bronco fans from NW Oregon / SW Washighton. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive to Portland from my place (I think, I haven't ventured that way yet).

Maybe I'll see you there,

Jeff

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
I'm sure you Oregon folks noticed the thread about the BBQ in Centralia on the 3rd of April. You are all more than welcome to come up. I just haven't gotten around to searching the member list for OR members and PM you yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing your rig, Jeff. She's a beauty.

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
I am going to be moving to Sweet-home (on Hwy 20 east of Albany and Lebanon) in the next month or so. How far is that from where you are? what is the name of a nearby town or city.

OP
OP
jeffjess72

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
I'm thinking that is only about 1 hour away, maybe 1 1/2 hours. We live in Redmond. Looks like we would head towards Sisters then over the pass toward Hoodoo. My wife works in Sisters, doesn't look like it's too far from there. I am still new to the area, not sure of the distances. If you are going to SOB maybe we can start a convoy, meet up with some of the people comming from the south.

Jeff

Bucmaster

Sorry about that, Marshfield changed its name 50+ years ago. I'm just stubborn. They now call it Coos Bay. I'm only 34 by the way.

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
for the next couple of months I won't have much time for playing as I am moving to oregon as soon as the Bronco is driveable but will still have a hard top to do some body work on and paint back at my Dad's in WA and I want to get that done and out of the way ASAP (I'm quite sure my Dad would like the same :) ) Once that is done I will have some time to socialize and maybe do some mild offroading in the Bronco.

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
I'm south of you about 3 hours in Klamath Falls. My 74 EB is stripped down to just a rolling chassis now, but hope to have it back together to drive this summer. Where and when is this SOB or what ever it is called? Might just need a weekend trip.
Scott

Attachments

• bronco image.jpg
    bronco image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Bucmaster

SOB 9 is the weekend before Labor Day at Sand Lake, Oregon. DO a web search to find info on it. See you there.

OP
OP
jeffjess72

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
I know Klamath Falls very well. I lived in Alturas CA (1 1/2 hrs from K-Falls) for about 8 years and my wife grew up in Alturas. We usually ran to K-Falls to do any kind of shopping and to Medford for anything K-Falls didn't have. I drove my EB to Klamath a couple of times to have some work on the stereo. As Bucmaster posted, SOB is August 25th - 28th in Sand Lake OR. It's a great gathering with about 200+ Broncos. You can camp at the dunes or at the campground nearby. We have a little one so we like to stay at the campground. You can also stay at in Tillamook in a hotel.

See you there,
Jeff

Yellow76

I ve got some friends that live in Prineville, Or which I believe is northeast of you. They are Bronco onwers as well. One is a bluish-purple half cab on 33's and the other one is a cut up rock crawler, currently red and black. I ve got a buddy that lives in Sweethome, Or and when he was going to school and living in Bend we would drive through Sweethome and meet him up on the pass and wheel up there. You should like it over there and we will be going to SOB also. Which camp site are you in?

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think that you will find that there are a lot of Broncos in your area, just not a lot of Bronco owners online. Some of us Bronco owners that live on this side of the mountains would love to live on that side, but unfortunately we need the jobs that are over here to continue the addiction.

DoctorD

Bronco billy...Sweet Home is about 112 miles from Bend. You can get there in a couple of hours. Hwy 20 over the cascades is not a fast drive...not even on my harley. Lots o corners, and bad road.

But it is a beautifull area, I was born there, and haven't strayed more than 30 miles away in 45 years. Oregon is indeed God's country.

D

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
jeffjess72 said:
I know Klamath Falls very well. I lived in Alturas CA (1 1/2 hrs from K-Falls) for about 8 years and my wife grew up in Alturas. We usually ran to K-Falls to do any kind of shopping and to Medford for anything K-Falls didn't have. I drove my EB to Klamath a couple of times to have some work on the stereo. As Bucmaster posted, SOB is August 25th - 28th in Sand Lake OR. It's a great gathering with about 200+ Broncos. You can camp at the dunes or at the campground nearby. We have a little one so we like to stay at the campground. You can also stay at in Tillamook in a hotel.

See you there,
Jeff

I will try to be there. Love to check out all the EB
Scott ;D