• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco pet-peeves

t2jeff

Loc.
Playa Del Rey, CA
what are 3 bronco pet-peeves about your rig?? Mine are<br><br>1. No cancelling blinkers<br>2. Tailgate rattles<br>3. having duct tape in my tool kit<br><br>

desertrat302

Loc.
Tucson,Az
1-Doors wont open from the outside(latches are shot)<br>2-Having to pay somebody to detune it so it'll pass smog<br>3-No heat or A/C.<br><br>Hey Jeff,have you looked at your turn signal canceling cam in the column?They commonly break in EBs,and are dirt cheap to fix.My 69 has self cancelling turn signals,and they even work sometimes! ;D<br><br>I think duct tape is the greatest thing ever invented.Besides the obvious uses,a roll on the floor between the seats makes a great beverage holder ;D<br><br>

civilgee

Loc.
Northport, Alabama
Let's see... the top 3!<br><br>1. No cancelling blinker<br>2. All of the cold drafts (no cold draft beers either) in the winter.<br>3. Passenger door hard to shut due to misalignment. <br><br>

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
- requires blood donation or smashed appendage for modification to work properly<br>- convinces me that the next mod I want to do is more important than eating well<br>- none of the body panels line up just right.<br><br> ;D ;D

Outshine2

Loc.
Orange County, CA
1. The top of the windshield frame is at eye level (don't need to see traffic lights anways :D )<br>2. My doors will NOT align no matter what...<br>3. And the ol rattling tailgate...

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
1] The minitruck seats the former owner got out of his wifes rollover nissan and put in; they are cursed! <br> <br>2] Stock outside mirrors, who the hell decided to put car mirrors on my truck? That guys probably working for suzuki now<br><br>3] I live in a fir forest and the needles keep piling falling down through the hood vents, but at least I can shopvac it out from the drivers bottom door. On the pass side, there are things growing in there!<br><br>4] That silence when I walk by in the driveway on my way to my daily driver.<br><br>On the subject of duct tape: my roll lives on the J shifter, wouldn't leave home without it or panduits.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
1. non canceling turn signals<br>2. Lights flicker at nite<br>3. People call it a jeep<br>4. My stock hood weighs about 200lbs and is as stiff as a wet noodle.

mrcat88

Bronco Guru
Loc.
VacaVILE, CA
-the dents I keep finding under the paint....<br>-the paint...<br>-the "high ford quality" stock guage cluster...<br>-all the "fixes" from the previous owner<br>-gas pedal....have you tried to get the engine around that thing? ugh!<br><br>Mrcat88

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
1. All the rattles that I don't know where they are coming from.<br><br>2. The fact that 33 year old bolts, studs, etc. are harder then H E double hockey sticks to get lose, thats if you don't break them. And no amount of penatrating oil works.<br><br>3. The floor gets so hot that its like I am cooking myself and whoever else is brave enough to go for a ride.

vbro

1. Cracks between Body and top that monsoon rains always finds to leak into ?:?<br>2. liftgate rattle<br>3. heat from the tunnel cover<br><br>Hey DesertRat what's the cheapest place you found to tune down you rig?

G

I love my Bronco! The turn signals cancel,the windows rol up and down the A/C works, the heater works, the carpeting is good the interior and exterior is rust free. With 285,000 plus miles on it, and it is my daily driver, I think that it is entitled to have a rettle or two, but there are none from the tailgate

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
[quote author=t2jeff link=board=5;threadid=7845;start=0#55023 date=1028837448]<br>what are 3 bronco pet-peeves about your rig?? Mine are<br><br>1. No cancelling blinkers<br>2. Tailgate rattles<br>3. having duct tape in my tool kit<br><br><br>[/quote]<br>Hey Jeff, <br><br>Mine had that tailgate rattle big time when I got it, and I got all the rubber bumpers available from B&W Antique Auto Parts(they are on the web). It was a cheap fix, and well worth it. I have a full cab, and got the window bottom seal as well. I think that helped. The bumpers mount two to each side on the bed, and that really helped! Its tight now, and thats with the stock spare tire mount.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
[quote author=MY 4 BY link=board=5;threadid=7845;start=0#55063 date=1028843496]<br>I love my Bronco! The turn signals cancel,the windows rol up and down the A/C works, the heater works, the carpeting is good the interior and exterior is rust free. With 285,000 plus miles on it, and it is my daily driver, I think that it is entitled to have a rettle or two, but there are none from the tailgate<br>[/quote]<br><br>Sounds like you are lucky.

OP
OP
T

t2jeff

Loc.
Playa Del Rey, CA
yeah, Im going to cut an old bicycle innertube and slide it over the folding hinge's on the tailgate. I guess thats my ultimate "cheap fix".........<br><br>more with the pet peeves....these things are funny!<br><br>jeff

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
And only having one gas tank, and I don't know how full it is because either the sending unit doesn't work or the gauge doesn't work.<br><br>And the hard seats that someone down the line put in.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
Oh yeah...<br><br>No power brakes or steering.<br><br>I hate driving down the freeway and every rut I hit I change lanes. And I am sure the people that are around me don't like it either. ;D

T

teknalee

- the stock seats (don't hold me well when i'm making those fast turns ;D )<br><br>- no A/C (it's still hot even with the top off! )<br><br>- the paint<br><br>- the holes that the trim left behind (i'll get around to fixing it one day)<br><br>- the lack of interior comforts (no interior panels.. no carpet or vinyl.. it's primer gray and white though!)<br><br>- the high gearing (3.50)<br><br>- panels not lining up<br><br>- windshield rattles<br><br>- open diffs<br><br>

vbro

AND ANOTHER THING....no interior light.<br>kinda hard finding that right sized wrench in the dark :-U