• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Script Valve Covers - Reversed?

bsquared

Contributor
I am trying to get around the conflict that the fill tube on the Script covers has with the Exploder upper manifold. Can these covers be reversed to put the fill tube on the passenger side? The bolt holes seem to line up pretty well.

This seems too good to be true, but if they can be reversed, seems I will not have any conflict with the fill tube, just with the vacuum elbow and the gutted PCV valve on the passenger side. I'm planning on drilling and tapping that port on the manifold to plug it and get it out of the way and try and find a 90* PCV valve to gut and put in the valve cover.

Thoughts?! Thanks in advance for you advice.

Attachments

• Rebuild3Engine.JPG
    Rebuild3Engine.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Rebuild5Engine.JPG
    Rebuild5Engine.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Rebuild6EgineSide.JPG
    Rebuild6EgineSide.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Rebuild1Conflict.JPG
    Rebuild1Conflict.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Rebuild2NoConfl.JPG
    Rebuild2NoConfl.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Rebuild3UnderMarked.jpg
    Rebuild3UnderMarked.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

bseager

Yes. My covers are reversed from your setup.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I am trying to get around the conflict that the fill tube on the Script covers has with the Exploder upper manifold. Can these covers be reversed to put the fill tube on the passenger side? The bolt holes seem to line up pretty well.

This seems too good to be true, but if they can be reversed, seems I will not have any conflict with the fill tube, just with the vacuum elbow and the gutted PCV valve on the passenger side. I'm planning on drilling and tapping that port on the manifold to plug it and get it out of the way and try and find a 90* PCV valve to gut and put in the valve cover.

Hi bsquared, did you need a spacer under the upper plenum to clear your valve covers? And who did you purchase the cover from?

Thank you

Fred

omureebe

Motor is looking good Bill! I run my valve covers they way you want to, with PCV on the passenger side and oil fill on the driver side. No issue.
Omar

Mark1911

Why not just leave the PCV in the back of the lower intake manifold the way it should have been originally?

Mark

OP
OP
bsquared

bsquared

Contributor
Hi bsquared, did you need a spacer under the upper plenum to clear your valve covers? And who did you purchase the cover from?
Thank you
Fred

Hi Fred, no sir, I didn't have to use a spacer below the upper, but it was tight, tight! I have updated a couple of pics from my build to show where I ran two vacuum lines off of the upper and I ran one line from the driver side valve cover up to the intake port on the throttle body. Took me a couple of tries to get that hose routing correct.
I bought the valve covers and a set of headers from a Houston guy that was selling off his project about 10 years ago, but they are the same ones you can get from many of our vendors. Good luck on your build! B2

Attachments

• ReadyDropSide1.JPG
    ReadyDropSide1.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Rebuild2NoConfl.JPG
    Rebuild2NoConfl.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Rebuild1Conflict.JPG
    Rebuild1Conflict.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 41
  • ThrottleBody.JPG
    ThrottleBody.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 43
  • ReadyDropSide3.JPG
    ReadyDropSide3.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Rebuild3UnderMarked.jpg
    Rebuild3UnderMarked.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
bsquared

bsquared

Contributor
Why not just leave the PCV in the back of the lower intake manifold the way it should have been originally?
Mark

Hi Mark,
Yes, that is what I ended up doing and installed a low profile elbow to run from the old PCV grommet on the DS valve cover up to the throttle body. Picked up on that from someone else's post after I had made this one. Thanks, B2

OP
OP
bsquared

bsquared

Contributor
Motor is looking good Bill! I run my valve covers they way you want to, with PCV on the passenger side and oil fill on the driver side. No issue.
Omar

Hey Omar, that is awesome! Hope your build is coming together, buddy!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Hi B2, thanks for the additional information and pictures. You motor looks great by the way. Somewhere I have a finished picture of your engine bay saved, for inspiration.:cool::cool:;D

OP
OP
bsquared

bsquared

Contributor
What is your plan on plugging the fill tube? You can't just stick a breather on as usual when running the FORD EFI.

Hi BigMuddy,
I found a billit aluminum cap that fit in the fill tube perfectly. I also had to cut that fill tube down a couple of inches. You can see it in this pic when I was mocking up my new relay / fuse box.

Fred, thanks for the kind words! Appreciate that! B2

Attachments

• 9.9_BussBar.jpg
    9.9_BussBar.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 26