• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco seats

roparsons

The stock front seats in my 1975 Bronco are pretty beat up. Does anyone know of seats you can pull that fit nicely in the bronco? Please let me know if you are able to use existing mounting brackets with the seats or if you take the whole package and drill new holes for mounting. If any of the seats come with shoulder belts that would be a bonus.

Thanks!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A lot of Ford seats will fit the holes and/or original sliders. I use '91 Mustang GT seats in mine and love 'em.
Problem with most though (including mine) are that they sit too high and you end up looking out the top of the windshield. Kinda awkward, but not a deal-breaker for most. I've "gotten by" for years like that, but I'd rather they were 2 or 3 inches lower.
Some have gone to the trouble of lowering their floor (losing the aux tank in the process of course) but others have searched out lower-profile seats to start with.
Best bet might be to wait for those that have the lower seats and find out what they came out of and if they like them.

Good luck.

Paul

mflint1513

I bought the Wild Horses Corbeau seats with the sliders that are supposed to be a "direct fit". After drilling holes and fabricating brackets for a couple hours, I finally got the seats in. They're really not that comfortable in my opinion. If I had to do it all over again, I'd either get different seats (Mastercraft or Besttop or something) or just get some junkyard seats that are in good shape. Oh, the Explorer seats and center console seem as though they work for most people.

Best of luck to ya!

barronj

Bronco Guru
I've heard that Ranger seats are a direct bolt in.

After rummaging through yards, trying to find a clean set of anything, I happened upon a thread here where another member ordered Race-Trim seats.

I ordered a set w/ head rests, and they bolt right up, are low profile, and were only $250 shipped for the pair. I also did the Jeep fold-n-tumble for the rear, and they were able to sell me matching fabric/vinyl (by the yard, I bought 2 of each) so I could have my rear covered to match my front.

They're really comfortable.

The tan ones were on sale, and I wanted to go w/ a tan interior, so I got lucky.

http://www.jeepswag.com/empi/buy2/

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1417168&posted=1#post1417168

newseat.jpg

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I wondered about those Racetrim seats, I saw them yesterday in a dirt sports magazine. They were doing an EB buildup. It was pretty cool.

sigepkat

I put Civic Del Sol seats in mine. Used the Civic brackets on the risers that the Bronco seats sit on...super easy on the driver's side. passenger side i had to cut down the brackets to get the angle of the seat right, but nothing too major. Then drilled new holes for the back bolts...

Chris

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
How are Tom's Bronco Parts Seats? i like the look of them as well they fold forward which would be nice.
I currently also have The mustang seats and don't like them, I'm pretty tall so they are a bit to high for me.

74 DEATHMACHINE

I Just Put A Set Of 92 Toyota Corolla Seats In Mine And I Luv Em. Found Them On Craigslist For $30 Bucks, Theyre Light And Supportive, They Have The Seat Belt Latch On Them But The Belts Themelves Have To Be Bolted To The Rollbar. Make Sure And Get The Tracks With The Seats, Just Line Em Up Where U Want Em Drill Some Holes And Ur Set. Ur Gonna Have To Bend The Front Of The Tracks Up A Bit So They Are Paralel To The Floor, As Well As The Back Tabs But Its Easy I Just Used Channel Locks. For The Pass Side Just Do The Same And Add Some Steel On The Front Of The Track To Raise It Off The Floor Like The Factory One. Total Install Time On Mine Was Less Than 2 Hours. Hope This Helps

farnorthdan

Loc.
Eagle River, Alaska
You could always reupholster the old ones, thats what I did, cost for new seat covers $130.....watching two grown men cuss and fight those hog rings...Priceless...;D

Dan

broncotom

Loc.
CO,100 Miles to Moab
I agree with the reupholster comment. but whats this thing about 2 grown men? I fought that fight solo, pain in the ass but they look great now. highly recommend it.

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
I had seats out of a 1990 Honda CRX in mine and loved them. Took a very small effort to rig a bracket for them to bolt in, but I'll try to find another set when I start to redo my 67.

Vintage Steel

Loc.
Post Falls, ID
Re upholstered mine love the outcome. new covers and foam from Tom's but,
the passenger seat has been setting in my living room with only the top half done for 3 weeks now. I kind of like it there it's great for playing guitar.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Seats

I picked up a pair of 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee seats, black leather. They're power with heat. Paid $100 and they fit good, you just have to cut the risers off the bottom and mount the slide rails directly to the floor. If you do this, contact me (before you cut anything) and I can show you what I did on the passenger seat mounting. Very easy install and they look great. I'm 6 ft. and it sits fine. If you are over 6 ft then they might sit a little high for you.

OP
OP
R

roparsons

I Just Put A Set Of 92 Toyota Corolla Seats In Mine And I Luv Em. Found Them On Craigslist For $30 Bucks, Theyre Light And Supportive, They Have The Seat Belt Latch On Them But The Belts Themelves Have To Be Bolted To The Rollbar. Make Sure And Get The Tracks With The Seats, Just Line Em Up Where U Want Em Drill Some Holes And Ur Set. Ur Gonna Have To Bend The Front Of The Tracks Up A Bit So They Are Paralel To The Floor, As Well As The Back Tabs But Its Easy I Just Used Channel Locks. For The Pass Side Just Do The Same And Add Some Steel On The Front Of The Track To Raise It Off The Floor Like The Factory One. Total Install Time On Mine Was Less Than 2 Hours. Hope This Helps

Thank you, that helps a lot. I have found a yard in town that has about 12 different Corollas to pick through. If you already have some, it would be great to see any pictures you have showing them installed with the bend and extra steel added. I have trouble posting pictures here sometime, so if it is easier to email them...roparsons@gmail.com

Thank you!!!

hdmc

Loc.
goodyear AZ
I did the mustang seats . Took the sliders off and mounted them where I wanted . I'm 6' 4" and fit comfortable . As an added bonus they have the pony stitched into the headrest

OP
OP
R

roparsons

I did the mustang seats . Took the sliders off and mounted them where I wanted . I'm 6' 4" and fit comfortable . As an added bonus they have the pony stitched into the headrest

So you mounted the seats directly to the floor so they are stationary? Are they fold up so you can get to the back seat? I like the idea of the mustang embroidered!