• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco to race in Baja 1000

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Lots of news coming out right now, there is a live feed on instagram.

Jim

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Its close, this is a race skin but less the wide body etc. you get the general idea. This shows a fixed roof but it def. is not. It should put a lot of minds at ease as we said all along. I can't wait to see it race. Spring will be here before long and you will see the production units then.

Jebus

Loc.
Longview, WA
In Fords words...

Back in the Saddle

It was built for this, its engine roaring through the heat of the Mojave and its racing tires spraying desert sand. As the last grain settled, the vehicle that is all at once a tribute and a test and a tease, came in to focus. It was no mirage. Bronco – in the form of a race-inspired Bronco R prototype – is back.

As a tribute, it was appropriately parked alongside the Bronco that Rod Hall and Larry Minor famously drove to an overall win 50 years ago at the 1969 Baja 1000 – a victory that no other 4x4 has replicated. Featuring a race livery inspired by Hall’s winning vehicle, Bronco R passes the torch to off-road racer Shelby Hall, Rod’s granddaughter, who will drive it for portions of this year’s prestigious race in honor of her late grandfather.

1572896561866.jpg

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...9/11/04/ford-back-in-the-saddle-bronco-r.html

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Bronco R-prototype looks like a modified Jeepspeed Cherokee body to me...cool, but probably a fairly liberal interpretation of the production body shape. I do like that they appear to have kept the front fender ridges, though not great for visibility, it is one of the many things I like about my EB's looks.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So basically it does look just like the tarp draped rendering.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I can see where the 4-doors will fit. There's still a lot of room between the driver and passenger door in relation to where the hardtop window" frame begins. Now, let's see the consumer version of it because a fiberglass "Baja" body still leaves a lot to the imagination.

yakelys69

I like the front profile and think its great they're racing in the baja 1000. I hope in production they offer a crawler version with a solid front axle. BRONCO

and a Race Crawler
BRONCO

Last edited: