• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Wire BBQ - Question

NYCBronco

So I put in my new 4 core radiator tonight and was attempting to start it up... nothing (no clicking, turning) but white smoke. The ground wire to the alternator is fried. Keep it mind it has poured in NYC and I was working in intermittent rain. Thoughts? I found the wiring diagram website and will run down the wires - but I thought someone might have faced this before.

Thanks.

elevira

I am sure that most of the members have shared that sinking feeling in the pit of our stomach ,and the pucker of our back side at the sight of that smoke and that sick smell !!! And the sight of melted wires could bring a tear to my eye. Ya been their
Jest start replacing
look for the hottest spot?

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
Yes! Check the ground from the engine to the chassis. Double check it........