• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Broncodesign Tub #21 Build - Bare Frame Work

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glad to swap notes as I proceed with tub No. 34. Have been doing a lot of homework on best materials for use on fiberglass. Bet I have 30 hours in just mounting the tailgate.

Care to share some pics or notes?....about all I've done so far to "whatever number BD tub ours is" is mock up the front end a bit; hood fenders and grille.

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Loc.
Badger State
Glad to swap notes as I proceed with tub No. 34. Have been doing a lot of homework on best materials for use on fiberglass. Bet I have 30 hours in just mounting the tailgate.

I will share what notes I think are of any value.

Looking Good!
Jake

Great work Kurt!

Thanks.
Working on it. The funny thing the other night was hauling it in an ice storm to work on it. I used a rosebud tip on an oxyacetylene torch to remove the layer of ice. It also worked well for turning the thin layer of rust black and inert. It came off very easily.

Attachments

• 21_BLAST_2.JPG
    21_BLAST_2.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Loc.
Badger State
Care to share some pics or notes?....about all I've done so far to "whatever number BD tub ours is" is mock up the front end a bit; hood fenders and grille.

What are you guys using for a grill, doors, and tailgate?

I am considering using an old Kentrol tailgate I have.... Only if the fitment is good, and I cnc some FORD letters for it. I don't like the look without them.

For doors, I plan on contacting (Broncodesign) Mike today, and ordering a set of lower doors, and using his soft uppers. The top I am using is a black Bestop soft top with removable tinted side windows.

I have a new set of uncut fiberglass fenders I purchased from BajaFresh. The openings will be modified. I can either graft fiberglass flares high, or install a set of Warflares.

For a grill, I am planning on using a fiberglass grill from BCBroncos. It is only one I have seen with the proper cutouts. It is the same unit sold by KBARS years ago. I had one on a different Early Bronco, and I was impressed with the quality.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What are you guys using for a grill, doors, and tailgate?

No doors on ours...its the trail tub configuration. But everything else...grill, fenders, hood, tailgate and windshield frame, are original/metal. We have an older fiberglass grill sitting around but also have quite a few of the originals so decided to use one of that that has all the extra chrome on it.