• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Broncolou and Broncitis team up for Coal Bucket race 7/17

OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
I don't think I got one giggle out of Drew or even scared him. The best I got was a grunt or two when I hit something too fast;D. We had to back off considerably just to save the rig and stay in it for a decent finish. Hopefully we are still OK in the points race. it was great to see so many Broncos and Ford powered Jeeps up there.
Marc Martin was up there doing well as usual. He had some issues and had to run a conservative race to get the finish.

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
Congrats on the finish , did you lean it out& run a little more timing? I've got my Q/H dialed in(finally) now I can start playing with the tune.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
good job guys, back in the old days they would just put wood blocks on the pedals.....sorry Drew ;D

97XEB

Good run guys! One of these days I'd like to get out there and help out!

Broncitis

MEB Founder
good job guys, back in the old days they would just put wood blocks on the pedals.....sorry Drew ;D

Seriously, it would have been a (more) painful ride without the "midget mods"! If my arms and legs were locked out the entire time that would have been a world of suck!

I did learn that a set of pads for the shoulder belts will be on my list next time! If I had a firesuit with a high collar I suppose I would have been OK, but with just a long sleeve T-shirt, they cut into my neck the entire race and I thought I would be bloody when we got out! I have some nice brush burns on both sides, will try to get a pic tonight!

The belts on the Corbeau's come out a bit too high above my shoulders, so they come down across my neck. I guess the booster seat may have helped! :-X:-[

Lou should know I am not the most antimated person, so a lack of a giggle or scream is not out of the ordinary for me. Maybe it is from dodging traffic durring my daily 120 mile motorcycle commute which inculeds the Baltimore Beltway? Now that can be scary sometimes!:eek:;D Afterall, when I came to a stop after rolling down Slick Rock at Tellico when my roll bar came down over my head my only response on the video was "That sucked".:(

Actually, I think the reason I was not scared at all was that I knew I was in the hands of a seasoned professional! ;)

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Drew, I have a firesuit that I used once but does not fit me very well. Interested? Might have to shorten the legs. ;D

Seriously, only used it once and it has a little mud stain on the right side from riding bitch with Lou. Maybe work a trade for something?

Lou is a very good driver and that does help a bunch when trees are whipping past at 45-50MPH 12" away on both sides. :eek: