• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buckaroo Carbon Fiber Ram Air

OP
OP
TJK74

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Nice work. This would look good as a shaker hood sticking through a cut stock hood too! ;D

Ya a shaker would be cool for sure if I had a stock hood. I'll leave the shaker project up to Hotwheels ;D ;D

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
Yes it looks Great! It started taking my breath away as I scanned through the pictures. I was just thinking how to come up with the money to get one that I may had to add foam around the edges to adapt it to my hood... Awesome work!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
trevor, do you have a pic of that air cleaner on your engine without the ram air setup? been thinking about getting the amsoil filter, but i'm not liking how big it is in diameter.

OP
OP
TJK74

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Ben I dont have a picture of it with the AMSOIL filter but do have on of my old 13" Filter. The AMSOIL filter is a 14" so it would be 1/2" larger all the way around than the filter in the pic.

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
TJK74

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Yes it looks Great! It started taking my breath away as I scanned through the pictures. I was just thinking how to come up with the money to get one that I may had to add foam around the edges to adapt it to my hood... Awesome work!

Well before I was forced to buy a new hood due to me forgetting to put the hood pins back in.. LOL I was planning on building a set up like this for my old hood which is like yours with the classic hood bubble/scoop and was planning on building a lower tray that butted up to the hood with some foam like you mention which would have been a lot easier than trying to figure out this contrapsion for the Buckaroo hood since the hood vents on this hood sit so far forward and no flat surface to them.

Attachments

• IMG_4396.JPG
    IMG_4396.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4397.JPG
    IMG_4397.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
OP
OP
TJK74

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Final Touch

Just added the final touch, my Shelby Ebay decal and am pretty stoked cause from the original ebay picture it looked to be White, Red and Black.
I opened up the envelope and it was Chrome, Red and Black.

Attachments

• 1c_1.JPG.jpg
    1c_1.JPG.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Ram Air Decal1.jpg
    Ram Air Decal1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 8
  • Ram Air Decal2.jpg
    Ram Air Decal2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Ram Air Decal3.jpg
    Ram Air Decal3.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Ram Air Decal4.jpg
    Ram Air Decal4.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 30

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The work looks first rate. But I wonder why you placed the inlets in a low pressure area of the hood?

aughtsix06

Loc.
kaneohe,hi
Man that is awesome, really top notch. what kind of resin did you use with the carbon fiber and did you vacuum bag it?

OP
OP
TJK74

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Man that is awesome, really top notch. what kind of resin did you use with the carbon fiber and did you vacuum bag it?

Nope no vacuum bag. though it would have been nice and saved a lot of sanding...LOL
Used marine grade epoxy resin

OP
OP
TJK74

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
The work looks first rate. But I wonder why you placed the inlets in a low pressure area of the hood?

Well I figured I would stick with the design of the hood and make the scoops functional, so thats why the inlets ended up where they are.;)

DonsBolt said:
Looks awesome, and first class works, but how often do people tell you that your NUTS?

Thnaks and yes people have told me many things along those lines before for many different reasons;D ;D ;D

marc

Loc.
milwaukie,or.
TJK74 that looks awesume. you've got thinking. where do you get the necessary materials for such a project.?:?

marc

backpain

Bronco Guru
You su@&. Everyone than can weld is cooler than I. Everyone that has the patience to mold CF is even cooler. Great job! Despite that you may not frequently be going fast enough to "ram" air in there, it's still much cooler. fresher air than radiator afterwash from the engine bay. Impressive!

OP
OP
TJK74

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
TJK74 that looks awesume. you've got thinking. where do you get the necessary materials for such a project.?:?
marc

As far as the resins go they can be found at any marine store or quality auto parts store. The Carbon fiber can be found easily on ebay. I got mine from a local fab shop here in CA.

backpain said:
You su@&. Everyone than can weld is cooler than I. Everyone that has the patience to mold CF is even cooler. Great job! Despite that you may not frequently be going fast enough to "ram" air in there, it's still much cooler. fresher air than radiator afterwash from the engine bay. Impressive!

Thanks for the good words. Well that was the whole purpose of it really was to get fresher and cooler air than the cavitating hot engine air that circulated under the hood. Ive got a pretty healthy built 351w running 11:1 that definately runs better in the cooler temps or at night time so I figured this would be a functional add on with a little bling/cool factor;D ;D