• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buildup Pics Update (New Pics 4/9/07)

MikeEB

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
;D Well, we've finally being getting some good weather and I found the motivation to put in a little work now that it's not 20 in the garage. I got the front assembled and in place, and the hood hooked up with new hinges. (used to be hood pins at each corner and no hinges, thanks PO %) ) All the pics are posted at the link in my sig. I'm getting really close and ought to have things completed here in the next couple months (WOOHOO to tax season!).

Looks like Frankenstein at the moment, but it'll be a burnt orange accented with black and possibly some charcoarl grey (thinking for the top).

Here's what's left
Remaining body pieces (door, tailgate, shims)
Prime, Paint, Line-x
Driveshaft
Misc wiring
Cage
Exhaust
Fuel Cell
Plumb the hydroboost
Fill her up with fluid
And recheck every nut and bolt, cause I know I missed a couple. LOL ;D

387321112_0ffd6b580e.jpg

387318095_76832cec92.jpg

387318083_07c9f68d58.jpg

Last edited:

Recko555

how big of a suspension and body lift do u have? Give us some specs.

OP
OP
MikeEB

MikeEB

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
5.5 sus 2"BL, but I am way to high at the moment, so I am going to swap out to 3.5 and 2"Bl when I get the chance and stay on 37's. Running FW HP 44/9 (currie center) w/ 4.88's and ARBs, stretched out to 97. That's the basics, 351w TBI (I know, I know :-X ) C4 and D20, which will hopefully be a C6 and Stak by the end of the summer.

Last edited:

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Thats looking real nice, are the different oranges test panels for what color you were looking to do?

ontherun

Loc.
San Antonio
;D Well, we've finally being getting some good weather and I found the motivation to put in a little work now that it's not 20 in the garage. I got the front assembled and in place, and the hood hooked up with new hinges. (used to be hood pins at each corner and no hinges, thanks PO %) ) All the pics are posted at the link in my sig. I'm getting really close and ought to have things completed here in the next couple months (WOOHOO to tax season!).

Looks like Frankenstein at the moment, but it'll be a burnt orange accented with black and possibly some charcoarl grey (thinking for the top).

Here's what's left
Remaining body pieces (door, tailgate, shims)
Prime, Paint, Line-x
Driveshaft
Misc wiring
Cage
Exhaust
Fuel Cell
Plumb the hydroboost
Fill her up with fluid
And recheck every nut and bolt, cause I know I missed a couple. LOL ;D

387321112_0ffd6b580e.jpg

387318095_76832cec92.jpg

387318083_07c9f68d58.jpg

;) Ya' could call it Patches,.. Ragady Ann -n- Andys' rebel brother,..:D S.

OP
OP
MikeEB

MikeEB

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Yeah the different panels are from different stages. The dark orange was the original color and the salvaged pieces. The bright orange is when I was getting lazy and coontemplated rattle-can. :p ;) . Now it's back to the original plan of shooting it with a newer style burnt orange, so I get to redo a bit, but no biggie.

OP
OP
MikeEB

MikeEB

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Paints DONE!! Woohoo! A little sooner than planned, but I had to move the Bronco outside for a while since I sold my house. Inside still has to get to Line-x, but the outside is done! Good ole Maaco. Changed plans at the last minute on color selection, but I'm very pleased with how it came out. I have to decide whether it will be accented with black or silver, but that can wait.

453321564_be4aab611f.jpg
453321472_99d9a8f9df.jpg

453329608_abf8e20d11.jpg
453321628_44b5958481.jpg

Last edited: