• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

burns during urination

jaydub01

Loc.
Daytona Beach, FL
burns=hot oil, urination=leaky rear main seal, dont let the title throw you.

How much would it cost to get a rear main seal professionally replaced for a 71 302 3spd??? probably could do it myself, but i dont have the time, or need the frustration. Appartment complex is getting really pissed off with the nice stains on their fresh clean concrete parking lot. Ive gotten some unfriendly confrontations from the neighbors too.

honkey84

Loc.
ILL
I would just around your local repair shops and see what kind of prices you can get. It shoudn't be to bad on cost.

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
main seal

I replaced mine and it still leaks.. A lot of work for nothing. I think you should just crawl under everyones rigs and loose some of their oil pan bolts and then everyone can match your rig. I know it's a bit of work but it will make you feel good.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
My guess is about $200. If they have a lift to make the susp. droop it's not too bad. Otherwise if you pull the front d-shaft and put a high lift on the bumper you can do it at home.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
If your crank is worn to bad you can get what they call a speed sleeve/speedy sleeve. It is a thin collar that slips over your crank, and they also provide an oversize seal that is designed for it. If you can get a good parts guy they should be able to hook you up. If I am not mitaken from when I worked at O'Reillys they run about $26 and it will get you by until you rebuild your engine..

yellowbronco

Loc.
Pagosa Springs
jaydub01 said:
burns=hot oil, urination=leaky rear main seal, dont let the title throw you.

How much would it cost to get a rear main seal professionally replaced for a 71 302 3spd??? probably could do it myself, but i dont have the time, or need the frustration. Appartment complex is getting really pissed off with the nice stains on their fresh clean concrete parking lot. Ive gotten some unfriendly confrontations from the neighbors too.
Bummer you don't have a garage :( , I used to have to work on mine outside too ;D