• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bushwacker flare feedback

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Has anyone tried the Bushwacker fender flares? They are high dollor and not found at any EB vendor. In spite of that, I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We've been selling them for years, but perhaps you prefer to buy from someone else closer.
I've used them as well as sold them for over 30 years now with nothing but good things to say about both the parts and the company.

The old ones (pre "DuraFlex") were just as prone to cracking around the rivet holes as any other plastic or fiberglass style. In fact the fiberglass ones were longer lived unless you hit something with them. In which case it was game over for the glass and the plastic ones did pretty good.

The more modern DuraFlex (basically virgin ABS if I remember my tech correctly) are much more fade and crack resistant and won't likely have any of those issues over maybe twenty years installed? Can't guarantee that exactly of course, but even if left outside like mine is they should last a long time.
And if they really get old and fugly to the point you don't want to keep trying treatments that bring the look back to life, they can be painted just like most other flares.

We also like our Warflares of course, but have no problem selling the Bushwacker at all. We like both.
Just be sure to look at the rear carefully. Bushwacker offers both the old style with the small opening and the newer style with the larger opening.
If yours is cut already and you don't want to do any more cutting, verify that it's one or the other before ordering.
Fronts have remained basically the same for the last 45 years or so.

Paul

Lawndart

Loc.
I use them. Mainly because the hole pattern fit my old fiberglass flair holes perfectly. Read - I did not have to drill any new holes!
For me, the only minor cons -
- they have textured finish
- they have a black finish (I painted mine to match my body color, but a white base is more traditional)

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2671945&postcount=6

42130990402_33f4156b63_c.jpg

OP
OP
J

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I ordered them from WH today. The shop needed them now and WH is the closest to me. So less time and less shipping $.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I put Duraflex flares on mine 25 years ago and they are fine. Granted, it sits in the garage most of the time. I do have to treat them when I burp gas on them.