• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 boost valve and piston

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Can the boost value that is inserted before the boost puck/piston be omitted on some valve body rebuilds? The valve body I just broke down did not have one in it, and it looks to have been modified with a kit before so I am wondering if the previous builder omitted the valve for some reason.

For reference I am talking about the darker part in this image:

26949-03K.jpg

If it is not optional and anyone has a spare lying around I need one.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I don't think it can be omitted. I'll take a look in my spares tomorrow and see if I have one.

OP
OP
L

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I don't think it can be omitted. I'll take a look in my spares tomorrow and see if I have one.

Roger has one, I am going to drive over to his place in the next few days and pick it up. I have never seen it omitted either in a C4 or C6 so I suspect that it is a mistake. I don't remember pulling it out, but I grilled the kids anyways to ensure they where not messing around in the garage and they swear they have not seen it, so I am pretty sure it is missing. This VB came out of the core tranny that I rebuilt, and it was burnt so maybe this was the culprit.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I can mail it. save you a trip. send you the whole VB