• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 mounted to engine, now how to mount Dana to c4 and save bearings

Jeremy0201

Loc.
Tucson
Sorry to repost a similar issue but, I have mounted the c4 with Dana adapter piece to the engine as it currently sits on a jack for support so I still have the Dana with the old 3 spd adapter piece connected. Now I really need to know the best way to take the old adapter piece off and then mount to c4 without losing the bearings... Any advice as this has stopped our progress:cry: just tying to prevent another mishap thanks.. Oh any advice for wiring the c4 to the harness ..

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Have the D-20 laying with the adapter up, remove bolts, slowly pull adapter off. once off load the bearings up in place with assembly grease. cover opening with a clean rag, scrape old gasket off, then mount to your C-4 adapter.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Do you have the c4 bearing retainer and spud? 3 speed parts won't work.

OP
OP
Jeremy0201

Jeremy0201

Loc.
Tucson
Hopefully.. I got it as a full ready to mount c4 adaptor and everything already mounted.....

OP
OP
Jeremy0201

Jeremy0201

Loc.
Tucson
3ac7796d.jpg

OP
OP
Jeremy0201

Jeremy0201

Loc.
Tucson
So that is the photo of the end of the c4 do I need to correct something or get that part

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Ok. That is the retainer and spud. You need to pull it out of the adapter, put your old tcase input gear/snap ring on it, install the gasket on the front of the tcase, then install the retainer into the tcase.

OP
OP
Jeremy0201

Jeremy0201

Loc.
Tucson
Awesome!! Thanks for that great news. You are extremely helpful, thank for all you guys do.. Jeremy