• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cage is finally in...

6daze

my boy approves...

Protofab family with overhead bars and dash bar. Had it shipped unwelded and my buddy TIGed it together for me. Rattlecanned for now. I want to tie in some nice seats before it goes to powder.

Attachments

• DSC_0317.jpg
    DSC_0317.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0318.jpg
    DSC_0318.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 165

idahobronc

Loc.
ketchum,Idaho
Looks very nice,can you open the glove box and use the emergency brake?
I'm looking for a cage right now and like the looks of yours.

OP
OP
6daze

6daze

Looks very nice,can you open the glove box and use the emergency brake?
I'm looking for a cage right now and like the looks of yours.

For once I looked ahead and ordered the Tuffy glove box... For the most part it is great... but http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147015&highlight=tuffy+glove+box+question

I called Tuffy and they said it OK to just remove the "box". You just need to be careful and not get anything stuck the mechanism.

The ebrake is tight but it fits. I might move it over a bit. I thought I would move the cage a little to make it fit. However the B pillar has to go in a specific location as it bolts to the wheelwell and floor. That hoop really dictates where the A pillar goes... I might just add a "peg" to the pedal and keep the handle in the stock location.

Protfab had IMO the best design and reasonable price. The kicker is low enough that I can lift my boy in from the outside. My passenger seat does not flip foward...yet.

Now I need a safari top... any reccomendations?