• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

finally built a cage!! what ya think so far?

jlake4130

Loc.
phoenix, az
The paint on some of the tubes you used to tie the A piller supports of the cage to the frame/sliders makes it look like water pipe? Say it isn't so?:-[
Still, awesome job though!

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I would hate to get in a collision with your rig, that thing is going to be SOLID. Nice design on the cage. Good work..

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
The paint on some of the tubes you used to tie the A piller supports of the cage to the frame/sliders makes it look like water pipe? Say it isn't so?:-[
Still, awesome job though!

not sure what the stuff was beside's it's 2'' steel.

my bro found it in a house along with other steel and used it way back for his sliders and took a heck of a beating.

burned up two hole saw's notching the stuff.

thanks for the compliments guy's :)

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
a long over due battery tray.

no more battery's falling out for me

IMG_1452.jpg

had to trim alittle bit off my gauge cluster cus it sit's next to the front down tube.

IMG_5180.jpg

got the cage bolted in and the front tube's. witch really stiffened up the front end...now if i could only get my hands on a bender so i can build my bumper...

IMG_7104.jpg

im mounting my winch between my frame, i had to cut the grill up alittle bit but wanted that weight as low as i can get it and as far in as i could.

better then sitting passed the frame and on top blocking most of the grill/rad.

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

and i put my soft top back on, no interference from the cage.

sure hides the cage tho.

IMG_9269.jpg

IMG_8076.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Wish I was your neighbor.. I see Mountains in the background too.. Man, I miss those. :) Awesome job on the cage.. It is sad to see all the work covered up by the top, but at least it is "summeR" out there almost.. Enjoy it.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
that day was pretty much the first hot day we had. it's been raining alot.

my neighbor's hate me lol so make your wish come true and get over here so i have someone that wont call code enforcement on me all day long. %)

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
im just guessing that your neighbors hate your ass....lmao...which company did you get the beadlocks from?....cage looks good

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
i got em from a guy around town, but said he copyed em from DIY.

i tryed to sell em but no luck so desided to use em till i go with H1's and 42's

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Shouldn't you use fish plates when welding tube to the frame vs welding directly to the frame? Or does that not matter - ?

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
i dont see it making a much of a differance. unless ya have a hole for the pipe to slide into,weld the pipe to the frame then slide the plate over it and weld it all up.

without that ya still have all that area in the middle that's unwelded and putting just as much stress on the wled. but i dunno.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
well bro didnt want to finish the bumper so he brought it down and i finished it.

I'll be adding a plate between the bottom tube's and i want to have 3 dimpled hole's in them.

and when i get my airshocks from a buddy ill tie my shock hoop's into the tube's running down the fender's. (fyi) ill be selling my wheel's&tires,axles. ;);)

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

I think i did ok for my first tube bumber.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Great job on the cage. That must have taken a ton of time. Cool that you have the skills to make stuff like that.

Henry