• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cam numbers for a stock 1975 ford 302 in our broncos

gws34

What is the cam intake and exhaust grind in a stock 1975 ford bronco 302? My Cam gear got chewed up and need to replace but I can not find what stock numbers should be. Anyone have these numbers or can tell me where to find this. I need to pass emissions in AZ so it needs to be very close to stock.

also secondary question, if in the future I want to switch to EFI is the stock cam good for that set up considering I need to pass emissions or is there a better cam that will still pas emissions.

Thanks
Glen

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Contact Howards Cams. Besides a bunch of performance cams they also make a lot of stock grind cams.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Why are you replacing the cam if just the gear got chewed up? Did that cause peripheral damage to the camshaft itself?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
If your changing to efi and changing the cam I would make sure you get a cam with the 5.0 newer firing order.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When he said cam gear originally I assumed automatically it was the large cam gear for the timing chain.