• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Camper Broncos

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hello all campers!

Looking to compile a list of contacts with pictures and description of anything related to your camper converted broncos. I am passing info onto my friend/writer that is doing an article on "Camper Broncos" for all years. The article will appear in a national magazine soon. Early broncos as well as the Big Broncos of the late '70's, 80's and '90's are to be included. Please email me your name, phone number, pics and anything you can share about the manufacturer of the camper. I do not know a lot about the campers so please educate. Even dates produced and such. Most likely Jim may call you for additional input! My email: timhulick@aol.com. thanks!!

89s rule

Don't own one but saw one FS in Idaho summer of 2012 and have a few pics buried somewhere if you need them.

Bferrari

I would suggest talking to Nick with NicksTrix. Very knowledgable and owns a camper bronco.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tim,

will send ya more pics of mine:)

Andy
Blue71

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 223

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. Not sure but we have a custom camper builder here in our area.. 12 miles east of Stephenville .. Located in Bluff Dale Tx. It's called Capri campers. 26980 US hwy. 377 North ... 254-728-3226.. I keep wondering if they could not build us some campers.

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Terry in Ohio has a really nice camper package bronco. If you need his contact Tim let me know.

Tom

Broncitis

MEB Founder
A few of the less common camper styles.

The last one obviously not a Bronco, but crazy enough I'd thought I'd share. I think that same company made a different, but equally crazy one for the Bronco. I have a magazine around here somewhere I bought just for that ad as I recall.

It was designed to fit over the hard top and off the back of the Bronco, like in the photo with one on an early Blazer. Once you got to camp it could be detached on legs and the Bronco could be used for running around town, hunting, or whatever.

Kamp King Koaches was the name:
http://www.rv-news.com/may2002/heritage.cfm

Attachments

• EB Slide camper.jpg
    EB Slide camper.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 15c6264fe2a6c576060b3d82364c08fb.jpg
    15c6264fe2a6c576060b3d82364c08fb.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 134
  • bronco2.jpg
    bronco2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 148
  • images (4).jpg
    images (4).jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Kamp King.jpg
    Kamp King.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 171
  • heritage3.jpg
    heritage3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 149
OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
.. Not sure but we have a custom camper builder here in our area.. 12 miles east of Stephenville .. Located in Bluff Dale Tx. It's called Capri campers. 26980 US hwy. 377 North ... 254-728-3226.. I keep wondering if they could not build us some campers.
I checked out the site! Their stuff looks awesome - I'm sure they could build a modern version for the EBs.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A few of the less common camper styles.

The last one obviously not a Bronco, but crazy enough I'd thought I'd share. I think that same company made a different, but equally crazy one for the Bronco. I have a magazine around here somewhere I bought just for that ad as I recall.

It was designed to fit over the hard top and off the back of the Bronco, like in the photo with one on an early Blazer. Once you got to camp it could be detached on legs and the Bronco could be used for running around town, hunting, or whatever.

Kamp King Koaches was the name:
http://www.rv-news.com/may2002/heritage.cfm
Perfect Drew!!

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So far I have the following owners: Jeff Trap, Paul Druc, Andy Gouge, nick Menudier, Andrew Norton, Drew Peroni and Terry Morlan(?). Have phone numbers of all except Terry and not sure of his last name. Tom help me out on this?! Full size broncos are needed as well. Anyone else?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
tim, steve george also has one. i sold him my #2 unit.
there was the guy in alaska maybe that had one,
think there is still the one in athens GA at a off road shop
there was one up in vermont as well that the guy wanted a good bit of money for a few years back that as far as i know never sold.

think andy had a list of them at one time
i have a bunch of paperwork on them from four wheel pop up. as far as i know mine is the youngest that's out there.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
tim, steve george also has one. i sold him my #2 unit.
there was the guy in alaska maybe that had one,
think there is still the one in athens GA at a off road shop
there was one up in vermont as well that the guy wanted a good bit of money for a few years back that as far as i know never sold.

think andy had a list of them at one time
i have a bunch of paperwork on them from four wheel pop up. as far as i know mine is the youngest that's out there.

This is great brother!! If you get time, possibly scan some images to me of the paperwork or possible send the writer just for use? Thought anyways! I do remember that one in Vermont - older couple that was asking a premium at the time. Brown uncut, correct?

Will bug Mr. Gouge about that list. Probably have to pay him for those confidential files!!!:eek:

o2bnmud

About 10 yrs ago a buddy and I drove from the northwest corner of Washington state to southeast Kansas on a weekend to get this camper, over 4000 miles covering 10 states. I'm just now getting started on restoration.

89s rule

Don't own one but saw one FS in Idaho summer of 2012 and have a few pics buried somewhere if you need them.

That would be great!! thx!

e21e47b373f8bd334510a3f121eb4907.jpg
fc5b1d4f005938b44a7bf83b386299b7.jpg

Summer of 2012 my wife and I went on a cross country road trip to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. 15 days, 7000+ miles, & 17 national parks. Trip of a lifetime! You can see our 4Runner in the background of one of the pics.

EB's have a very special place in my heart as my father had a few in the 70s and early 80s. He passed away in an accident in his '75 EB in summer of '83.

We were headed through ID and saw this EB in a parking lot. We live in SC and if there was any reasonable way ($$$) to get it home I would have. On EB is on my bucket list. Maybe one day.