• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can any of you tell me if these appear to be the correct power steering components?

clintonvillian

Loc.
West Virginia
I ordered new hoses. They look like the same ones from Toms or Wild Horses. However they do not match my existing hoses. The bends are wrong.

Does my pump and cooler look stock, and like they are in the correct location?

There is something going on because there is a nut used as a spacer on the bracket, and the belt has a slight kink to it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
You have a stock EB PS setup with aftermarket hoses. The kink is caused by using too short of a hose.

The aftermarket PS hoses don't match the bends of the OEM stuff. You have to get creative with the loops to get everything to attach correctly.

Attachments

• PS 1.jpg
    PS 1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 54
  • PS 2.jpg
    PS 2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 50
  • PS 3.jpg
    PS 3.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2353.jpg
    IMG_2353.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 37

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The correct steel spacer is about 1/2" tall. So the right nut would probably work, but the height has to let the pulleys align.

OP
OP
C

clintonvillian

Loc.
West Virginia
You have a stock EB PS setup with aftermarket hoses. The kink is caused by using too short of a hose.

The aftermarket PS hoses don't match the bends of the OEM stuff. You have to get creative with the loops to get everything to attach correctly.

None of those are running the power steering cooler.

Is it necessary?

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
You will get mixed answers on running the cooler. Most, if not all, will say since it's there run it!

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
JMA Ditch that glass fuel filter. Glass breaks. Get a parts store plastic one and change as needed. I run them on my rig and my Sang and my Samurai. Never has any issues

As to the cooler......cool PSF is better then hot........

Tim

OP
OP
C

clintonvillian

Loc.
West Virginia
JMA Ditch that glass fuel filter. Glass breaks. Get a parts store plastic one and change as needed. I run them on my rig and my Sang and my Samurai. Never has any issues

As to the cooler......cool PSF is better then hot........

Tim

That's all getting redone...

Actually bought a Carter M4009 with a fuel filter in it.