• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

can I have a good Stereo system without a sub

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Nothing wrong with the 225.2, but I'd rather have the Class D equivalent from their Prime series. They're a little bit more efficient.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Mlogan24 (Look, I never said it was the best, I just said it was an affordable Class D (OP mentioned being on a budget) that has performed well for me and fits on the side of the enclosure if he wanted to mount it that way so everything is in one package. I've also bought big name stuff too (our other vehicle is a JL sub pushed by a RF Prime amp), I was just relaying to the OP that this was an affordable combo that pushed a lot of air but has a small footprint. So stop blowing smoke.)

Well...when you put it that way....I can dig it.....

Last edited:

Bickster

You really don't realize what a sub will do for the our over all sound quality until you install one. Unless your a critical listener it won't matter which one you get. Too a point. The biggest thing I noticed was how it cleaned up my mids. This was probably due to the fact the lows were removed from the other speakers by the crossover.

Country surprised me with how low the content is. Many songs are drop tuned and/or open tuned. 5 string bass and electronically enhanced kick drum. Just like mettalica etc.

Remove the top and you lose all of the cabin gain. The difference is quite noticeable. Physics dictates how low a system goes. A small cab makes the space requirements more important.

Bob

74strokerbronco

Loc.
Monmouth, OR
I say cut the rear floor out and build a box with 4 15 solo's and hit them with a old true phoenix gold 2250 bridged mono into 4 ohms that's 2k of true rms power, should be good for a easy 130 db in open air. . . .and near 150 with the hat on. . :cool: :p :eek: