• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

can I use the back brake line for the front?

molson1006

I took the front off of one truck and put it on another. In doing so stupid me cut the brake line in the front that goes from the center of the Dana 44 to the body. They are power brakes. I have one in the back for the back brakes that is still good. I am not just taling about the rubber line but the whole fittings and all. I know that the parts book has one for the front and one for the front. can I put the back on the front???

OP
OP
M

molson1006

OK guys I did it and it seems to work for now. If you all find a reason I shouldn't please let me know so I don't die going down the road. thanks,

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
metal line is metal line, as long as the fittings are the same with no leaks you should be ok.