• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can someone ID this EB?

blue67

skrit said:
Yes, I meant John. Thanks for the info. Was it just a suspension lift?

During its uncut days it ran a 3 1/2" suspension (Duff). The add-a-leaf on stock springs road like a board. The tires were 33/9.50's on stock wheels. I drove it for 2 years as a daily driver pulling a 16' trailer on a lot occasions. I then did a mod where it was able to run both cut and uncut. About a year after that I rolled it and it is now gone way off the deep end. I'm in the process of narrowing, lengthening to 104", putting it on a heavy diet, running coilovers, full hydro and a 60 up front.

John Monroe
67' San Antonio, Tejas

VTBRNCO

Loc.
Vermont
skrit said:
Came across this pic in my inspiration library and would like to know whose it is and if there are more pics.

THAT THING IS SWEET! I GOTTA GET AN UNCUT RIG!

ghost66

Bronco Guru
skrit, you wouldn't happen to have a larger version of this photo would you?

s
skrit said:
Came across this pic in my inspiration library and would like to know whose it is and if there are more pics.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
ghost66 said:
skrit, you wouldn't happen to have a larger version of this photo would you?

s

That's as big as it gets, unless you can talk Monroe into supplying you with one.

OP
OP
skrit

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham
blue67 said:
During its uncut days it ran a 3 1/2" suspension (Duff). The add-a-leaf on stock springs road like a board. The tires were 33/9.50's on stock wheels. I drove it for 2 years as a daily driver pulling a 16' trailer on a lot occasions. I then did a mod where it was able to run both cut and uncut. About a year after that I rolled it and it is now gone way off the deep end. I'm in the process of narrowing, lengthening to 104", putting it on a heavy diet, running coilovers, full hydro and a 60 up front.

John Monroe
67' San Antonio, Tejas

Thanks for the reply John. I guess getting stuck on that creek bank was the start of your voyage to the darkside! (not that it is a bad thing) ;) Elaborate on the mod to run cut and uncut.

blue67

skrit said:
Thanks for the reply John. I guess getting stuck on that creek bank was the start of your voyage to the darkside! (not that it is a bad thing) ;) Elaborate on the mod to run cut and uncut.

Naw, it was always in me, we have a guy in our club who is the definition of darkside and happens to be down the road from a few us here in San Antonio. The guy built up a rig a few years ago and wheeled his new morph'd steed on stuff that no one else could even think of doing. It send us all on a path of no return. Now you can't even follow the same line as each other when we're out on the trails with all of the newer variations of it. Luckily/unfortunately mine is out in his shop now undergoing a lot of his and some others knowledge.

On the paint question. The color is from a 84' Bronco. The paint company couldn't pull the original color match because the original was faded.

John Monroe
67' San Antonio, Tejas

ontherun

Loc.
San Antonio
blue67 said:
Naw, it was always in me, we have a guy in our club who is the definition of darkside and happens to be down the road from a few us here in San Antonio. The guy built up a rig a few years ago and wheeled his new morph'd steed on stuff that no one else could even think of doing. It send us all on a path of no return. Now you can't even follow the same line as each other when we're out on the trails with all of the newer variations of it. Luckily/unfortunately mine is out in his shop now undergoing a lot of his and some others knowledge.

John Monroe
67' San Antonio, Tejas

NO DOUBT Lee is KING of the Darkside!:cool: Bronco Alley did awesome when they created his' rig. We went tha' poor-mans' route, and found Brutal Offroad here in Texas to be our sponsor and build us a rig that gets us by nicely;)
Can't wait till you finish yours' John!! ;)