• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can't pull codes

suckerpunched

Engine seems to be running fine but have been wanting to pull the codes. My check engine light is not hooked up, wire stubbed out behind dash. I have tried to to read with an older snap-on scanner and little hand held code reader. With both, at the start of the KOEO test, the fuel pump cycles, but thats it, no codes. At the begining of the KOER test the idle fluctuates once and nothing else happens no codes. ECM is A9P and wired like the attached picture. anyone have any suggestions?

also I have another wiring diagram that shows the other side of the CEL bulb going to ground, this one shows it going to Ign. run. which is it? I am guessing this one is correct since it would be the same as hooking up a test light between the pin 17 terminal in the diagnostic connector to battery +

Attachments

• 88-91_5_0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.jpg
    88-91_5_0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
OP
OP
suckerpunched

suckerpunched

tried the test light method today. same result. checked for continuity from the diagnostic connector wires to pins 17, 22, 46, and 48. all are going to the right location. I am thinking it is a problem with the ECM not working in test mode. Engine runs fine. anyone else have any advise?