• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Caps for Overfilled Vent and EVAP Vent hose fittings on Aux Gas Tank

asulawman

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
The problem is any cap you find at a parts store is probably not going to be rated for fuel. You may find some that are PVC and I think that will work. But I would just connect the two with a piece of fuel hose and some clamps. You know it is fuel rated!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hard to connect the two actually. One being 3/4-ish and the other being 1/4-ish in size.
But Mark's concept is the same, and the most often recommended. Fuel rated hose, but with something like a bolt glued or clamped into the open end of the hose.
Looks very slapped together, but I've had such bad luck with the caps that I can't recommend them either.

If you can figure out a way to make the small hose seal into the large hose though, that would look more appropriate and still get the job done nicely.

Paul

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Maybe you could connect them with a piece of 5/16 brake. Stretch a piece of 1/4" fuel hose over one end and flare the other to make it tight for 3/8" hose. You can bend the line and make it look nice.