• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Car Transporter, Auto Hauler - Very Bad Experience (Long Post)

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Bear with me:
Someone on here (who I don't blame at all for this experience) recommended an auto transporter for our move from Oregon to Mississippi. The driver's name is Brian and he works out of Salem, Oregon. He had a vast portfolio of the very expensive cars he's hauled.

Set the date to pick up the Bronco and Jeep for December 26th, with the arrival date in Miss. on December 29th or 30th at the latest. We were flying down the 29th so it would work out that the cars would be there about the time we arrived.

On the 26th when he was loading the trucks, he told my neighbor that he had to go have his trailer worked on and it would take a few days. He didn't tell me. He told my neighbor.

On the 28th I called him and asked when he was going to be delivering them. He said after the (January)1st. I asked when specifically and he said probably on the 2nd.

On January 2nd I was forced to rent a car for the few days he would be late.

On January 3rd he said there was ice in Arizona and Snow in Texas, so he couldn't leave Oregon yet. There was not ice and snow, and even so, if he left, it would be gone by the time he got there. He said he would be leaving in 2 days if the ice and snow were gone.

I added a few more days to the car rental

He didn't return my texts or phone calls for 4 days.

On the 5th day he sent me a text with photos saying the turbo on his truck went out and it would take a day to get fixed.

2 days later it still hadn't been fixed. He "begged" me to give him 48 hours to deliver it.

72 hours later, he still hadn't left wherever he was.
I added a few more days to the car rental. I told him at that point I was $350 deep into the rental car because of him and I expected a refund for the car rental. He said he would give me $350 cash when he delivered.

He kept delaying and the rental car expense kept adding up.

The day before he actually arrived I told him the rental car necessity was now up to $587 and I expected total reimbursement for this expense that was his fault. He agreed.

Long story short - he delivered the trucks 19 days after picking them up. When he arrived he apologized, gave me $150 in cash. I told him that wasn't our deal and he owed me almost $400. He said he was "a man of his word" ( a claim he made MANY times) and would send me the rest through CASH APP. I informed him that I would be calling and texting him every day until he made good on his promise.

Many calls and texts later, $150 showed up in my account, for a total of $300, not even the initial $350 he promised, much less the total of $587 he promised. But, he is a "man of his word."

Still calling and texting months later and he's ignoring me. I realize I'll never get the rest of the money, but just like the year's of BUTTSTANK BRONCOS - I can keep this up for years.

19 days!

Lastly, I believe the reason it took 19 days is that he unloaded my cars and made other, probably more lucrative hauls. When they arrived, they were strapped down differently than when we loaded them. And a wooden chock that i had set on the frame of the Bronco wasn't anywhere in the trailer. And he told me he hadn't opened the trailer since we originally loaded it.

IMHO - he is a liar, a cheat and NOT a "man of his word." 19 days, not the 3 days he promised.

Beware!

Jim

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
Sorry, you had all the trouble. Thanks for letting us know. He won't be getting any more reccomendations from me. I hate a liar and a cheat!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Dang that would tick me off. A lot of these shippers use the old “mechanical delay” routine.

I paid extra to have an EB hauled in an enclosed trailer with a small shipping company. The day before it was due to arrive, the shipper called and said they had a breakdown, lost a transmission, and had to off load my EB onto another trailer it would be a few days late. It arrived on a open double deck commercial hauler with a lot more than a few day’s worth of dirt on it.... Probably never saw the inside of a trailer. At least I got a refund....

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I had a similar experience - but not quite as drawn out - when I bought my Bronco and had it shipped from Oregon to Ohio. Shipper was great....till they got my $$$.....then they became almost non-existent. When they did respond, they had every excuse under the sun. The driver (sub-contractor) offered me cash out of HIS POCKET upon delivery after I explained all the BS the company put me through. I wouldn't take it as it wasn't his fault. Think the company either went out of business or changed names a few years after this.

lgdpt

Man, that's terrible. I have had good luck with Uship (3 times). 5th wheel from Ohio to CA ($1,100). 28' HEAVY, wide load boat FL to CA ($1,200). Bronco TX to CA ($500).

I was able to evaluate their previous reviews and track them wherever they were during transit. The bidding against each other part pulls the price way down. Both my boat and 5th wheel were cheap bc the shippers needed to come my way anyway

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
NEWS! I just looked at his instagram and he posted pics of 2 deliveries he made while he was supposedly having so much trouble.

His name is Brian Pool. Instagram: Dust2Diamond I think that's the name of his company.
He's based out of Salem Oregon.

I just got into a text conversation with him where I called him out. Screenshots attached. I hope they show up in order

Notice - he doesn't care if I buy his story. But he doesn't deny it.

Attachments

• IMG-8419.jpg
    IMG-8419.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG-8420.jpg
    IMG-8420.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG-8421.jpg
    IMG-8421.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG-8422.jpg
    IMG-8422.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG-8423.jpg
    IMG-8423.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG-8424.jpg
    IMG-8424.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 100

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Damn Jim.. For SURE, keep doing it, Every DAY, every day

we can find the new # if he changes it and keep hounding that sum beetch..

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
I learned this lesson the hard way after brand new 115,000 RR arrived with scratches. First and foremast take pics and I mean lots of them before they load your vehicle and preferably with a IPhone or similar that has automatic EXIF time/date data. Once your vehicle arrives take pics again and look over your vehicle VERY carefully because if you find anything after you sign the drop-off paperwork you will have a tough time arguing for it to be fixed. Quite often vehicles are arriving new and we get so excited about it arriving that we don’t take the time to carefully inspect it. Having arrival pics will help your argument if you notice something later and can go over the pics to see if they show the overlooked damage. Be carefully with companies like Uship, they’re actually just middle men no matter what BS they try and tell you. They make offers on your shipment then go onto another website with actual truckers who look for pickups along their route and book it with them pocketing the difference. More than likely this guy was delaying your shipment because he was waiting on other vehicles he could pick up along the route to MS to make the trip more profitable. Thanks for sharing your story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This seems to be fairly common for auto transporters. There was an old school FJ-45 that showed up at a local truck stop for about a week. I went by it every day and eventually stopped to look at it. I could see a name and phone number on a shipping document on the seat so I gave it call. Turned out to be the seller. He turned it over to the shipper, the shipper dumped it off at the truck stop where another shipper was supposed to pick it up. Neither the seller or the buyer had a clue that it was sitting there and they were horrified to find out. It eventually disappeared. If you’re lucky yours was at least sitting in a secure yard and not abandoned at a truck stop.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Abandoned at a truck stop? Holy crap!

The transporter mentioned is the one I tried to use last year moving from Salem to Tucson. I left a few voice mails with him and got no responses. Got lucky I guess.

I kept envisioning my Bronco disappearing along the way, so on the bright side Jim, at least both of your vehicles eventually got there in good condition. Congrats on being back home.

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
After I called him out yesterday, and let him know I saw his scam, he immediately sent me the balance. So, that's done.

Beware and be careful out there!