• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

carb help??

andy

Loc.
Charleston
guys i am running a holley 600 cfm just installed. it wants to die when you punch it. any ideas? do the jets need changing or does it just need alittle adjustment? btw it is on a 302. also i had a gentleman that had also just finished this same conversion and emailed me with his phone number if i ever had any ??? and i losat the email so i hope you see this and will reply again because i do have a few ??? for you.

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
Sounds like the accelerator pump is bad or adjusted wrong. Go to www.holley.com for some info. Make sure the vacuum secondaries are hooked up and someone didnt make them manual too

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
One more thing I should mention. If its an 1850 {printed on the air horn} they come with 65 mains set up for 70 degrees at sea level, you might check that. Mine ran better with 66's in it. Spary some Wd40 around the base too to see if you have any vacuum leaks

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
Look in the carb with the motor off and make sure gas is coming out of the shooters when you open the throttle. Sometimes them and the air bleeds get plugged with dirt. You may want to clean them with some carb cleaner with a long spray nozzle. Use eye protection, I can tell you that from experience. It hurts if you get an eye full and can blind you. There are also different pump cams available and some have different positions that you can change to alter the timing of the shot

Dr. Awsome

Loc.
Provo
either it's running way to rich due to improper air fuel ratio or it's running way to lean due to the same thing. For the lean problem the main thing to check is the pump like every one is saying or bad jetting or improper adjustment. For the lean problem it's either jetting or bad adjustment. The best way to check is to get an emitions tester. You want to get it as close to no HC's as possable also you should have as high of CO2 as possable. I'm guessing you don't have one but if you go to te local high school they should. If the would let you use it the will probable use your car as a project for tuning carbs. I know that's waht my school did.