• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carb question. BRONCO ALMOST DONE!

johnny_nv

Loc.
Toronto, Canada
Hey everyone, just an update on my build, have a look!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nm9waqko6bw3edk/AACcHsoXm_c46oQwZpPkvlXya?dl=0

Just the finishing touches left. Seat installation and what not.

Also, was wondering if anyone had some tips for me. Being a young buck I don't have much experience with carbs.
Whenever I fire this baby up, she starts fine and I rev it, but when i let it go to idle, she struggles and stops.
If i keep the throttle on for a minute or two, than she will go to idle no problem.
I have a double barrel carb on her. THANKS FOR ANY HELP and/or comments. you guys are great and have aided me in fulfilling my dream!

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, the first thing to check is the high idle adjustment, on the right side of the carb, it is part of the choke assembly. Good luck

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Your photo looks like you have a '68. Even if it's a'69, it has a manual choke. Do you know how to operate manual chokes? The Ranger Station PDF doesn't discuss manual chokes. There is a set up procedure for manual chokes that has to be done too.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'm saying it's the choke also . & You may just have to crank it & run it for a couple of minutes to get it to settle down & run proper.
. If that's it ... It'll get worse in the winter.
SO WORK ON THE CHOKE.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
We still don't know if you have a manual or automatic choke. The set up procedure is entirely different. As is the method of starting and warm up. After all these years and possible POs, a big percentage of '66-'69s that had manual chokes as OE, now have automatic chokes. I on the other hand, I like manual chokes for trips to high altitude. So I have both types for my 4100s, Holleys, and AFBs. Your description of start up/warm up problems match the result of having no choke.