• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CB Owners in Central Coast Area?

mavman427

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
Hi all, I am curious how many other CB owners live out here on the CA central coast and whether there are any annual CB events at the Oceano dunes? I live in Nipomo, just south of Oceano and I would be up to hit the dunes whenever.

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Hey mavman I am in AG but live out past Lopez lake. Bronco is currently torn apart right now but there are a few others who live around here. Don't know of any get together's but that would be fun

Matt

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You guys should definitely put it out there. Be great to get some together, and being in your area I'm sure there would be some willing to drive pretty far to gather, even if it was just for burgers and a cold drink.

We use yahoogroups.com up thisaway. The old bronco@yahoogroups.com e-mail list was going to be for anyone, then anyone in CA, then it just sort of whittled down to Northern CA folks doing the regular business. Still plenty of members from other regions hanging out though, so I bet if you put it out there you'd get some action. We even get Dusty joining the conversation from way down south now and then, and had a few come up from SLO for weekend BBQ's we used to have in San Jose now and then.

You might even find that there's a group e-mail just from Central CA all on it's own. Worth looking into anyway.

And mentioning it here is a good start.

Paul

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I bought some brake parts from a guy in Atascadero about four years ago. He had an awesome orange LUBR he was working on. I wish I remembered his username here on the board. I'd like to see what the Bronco looks like these days.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
While not a bronco club, my jeepers club (and 3-4 broncos) hit pismo every year in Oct.

OP
OP
mavman427

mavman427

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
Hey mavman I am in AG but live out past Lopez lake. Bronco is currently torn apart right now but there are a few others who live around here. Don't know of any get together's but that would be fun

Matt

Hi Matt,

Did I buy a hard top off you about 6 months ago? I'm guessing that I did or you have a neighbor that sold me a Bronco hard top! ;D

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Yep that was me I thought the username looked familiar. how is the bronco coming along? Do you work at Diablo? I was working the last outage and thought I saw you there.

OP
OP
mavman427

mavman427

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
Yep that was me I thought the username looked familiar. how is the bronco coming along? Do you work at Diablo? I was working the last outage and thought I saw you there.

Haha, yeah I work at Diablo. You work all the outages there? What do you do during outages? Bummed out that they're closing it in 9 years.

Doing a few little things to the Bronco. Most recent stuff was putting in the San Felipe portion of a family roll cage, building a custom base for the stock rear seat to clear my shock towers, windshield braces, welded up some 2" exhaust tubing and ran the exhaust all the way out the back. Trying to get it a little more family friendly to take the the kids out the beach. Took the kids out to the Dunes the other day, so mission accomplished. What are you working on with your Bronco?

Dusty

Bronco Guru
So Cal Broncos used to go to Pismo every year, usually in early July (right around this time). Its been a couple of years since we've had a big gathering there but it might be something we can plan for next year. I sold my enclosed trailer which I used to take onto the beach, and bought a diesel pusher which I'm not comfortable taking onto the beach so I would have to stay in a park.

In fact my brother is up there as we speak, keeping up our old tradition. I think he's there all week, if you want to head over and say hi. Not sure where he's camped but I know he's along the water, usually somewhere in the first 1/3 (before the dunes open up). He has a flat black topless EB on 37's with a 351C. Silver enclosed Carson toyhauler with white F250.

OP
OP
mavman427

mavman427

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
So Cal Broncos used to go to Pismo every year, usually in early July (right around this time). Its been a couple of years since we've had a big gathering there but it might be something we can plan for next year. I sold my enclosed trailer which I used to take onto the beach, and bought a diesel pusher which I'm not comfortable taking onto the beach so I would have to stay in a park.

In fact my brother is up there as we speak, keeping up our old tradition. I think he's there all week, if you want to head over and say hi. Not sure where he's camped but I know he's along the water, usually somewhere in the first 1/3 (before the dunes open up). He has a flat black topless EB on 37's with a 351C. Silver enclosed Carson toyhauler with white F250.

Keep me posted if you guys do a trip next year, I would definitely want come say hi and possibly camp out. You guys have a email that goes out for events?