• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech wiper questions

mtnbiker2010

Loc.
Grand Rapids MI
I did a search and did not find an answer so if this has been asked and answered already I apologize. I removed all the wiring from my truck except the wires that run up the windshield frame to the wipers. These seem like a pain in the a$$ to pull out and rewire. My question is whether or not I can just wire to the existing wires. Also how hard is it to pull the wires and rewire the wipers without dropping the windshield, so far I have pulled everything without removing the dash and want to keep it that way if possible.

moabbronco

Loc.
Payson, Utah
Thats exactly what I did. Left the wires going up through the windshield and i rewired into my old switch. I got a diagram from one of the venders either BC or wild horses and just spliced the wires.. I think I just added power to the switch to the new fuse panel and left the whole wiper harness intact. I replaced my windshield frame once and it was a pain in the a** to pull the wires then so I thought why do that again. they work great.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
I pulled my wires from my windshield post and run the new centech wires up it. It wasnt hard at all. Just tape them up and push them up it. I also took the dash out. I think it is easier that way. It is hard trying to stand on your head getting under the dash.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
I pulled all of the centech wires up the post, and I didn't even have the old wires to start with. Just dropped a wire down and fished about for a while till I found it and pulled the new wires thru.

FFMDX

Loc.
Roseville, CA
I was easy, like the others, I just taped them up, cut my old wires, taped the new one to them and pulled it through the frame. The 2nd time to did it, I just used some bailing wire to fish them through.

sean