• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Changing of the guard"

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
I had always loved these things for reasons that defy explanation. Finally got out of school and bought mine in 97 at the ripe old age of 32. Job situation forced us to leave Colorado, then the combination of job/kids/life in general led to the bronco getting parked for 8 years. Brought the beast back to life last spring after 8 years of neglect with the intention of selling it, but then couldn't bear to do it. The Bronco is currently enjoying its second (or Third) life no longer neglected. I'm currently 46.

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
This is the 6th anniversary of my 39th birthday and I got my first Bronco in 1987. It was a 74 that I purchased from a friend who got it for his 16th birthday. It went through the usual changes that a young punk would want,tires, wheels, paint, and lift. Sold it in 1991 to purchase the Bronco I currently have. My Bronco is considered to be a part of my family now by my wife and kids so it will be around at least as long as I am. They are Great trucks with alot of heritage behind them and give most owners a sense of pride to have something that is not just another Jeep.

Butch

chuck489

Loc.
Dahlonega, GA
My first on was a 1975 when I was 16. I sold it after my first year in college. I have regretted it ever since. I have owned several trucks and SUVs (to include a Bronco II and a full size 91 Bronco) but always have a desire to get another EB. I finally bought my 68 about 4 years ago. My only problem now is not having the money to do all the things I want to do to it!

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
got my first at 31, a 76. two years later tore it apart and it is still apart today, but have made some improvements. one year ago I bought a 77 and took it to supercelebration. they both are special decore group, both red with parchment interior, the 76 has a black stripe and the 77 has a white stripe....forgot to mention i am now 43

Last edited:

Okie69

Contributor
I'm 23, and I bought my EB last week.

My old man has always told me about how the EB's were the best Bronco, now him and I get to build one together!

(my niece got in the way haha)

Attachments

• bronco some more.jpg
    bronco some more.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 49

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
My first Bronco was a 88' that I bought about 14 years ago. After many different stages and 4 other Bronco's I decided I wanted a EB because they were lighter and used the same strong drivetrain. So I bought 3 parts of a different EB's and built one out of my "SpareParts". After breaking it too many times mine evolved to the one ton, 40" tires almost 6000lbs. Bronco that I still have. I started building it from frame up in 2005 when I was 28. Funny how mine ended up bigger than Fullsize!

David

stock74

I got my first and only bronco when I was 15. My family suprised me by waking me early in the morning on my birthday so we could take a trip from california to oregon to pick it up. Ten years later (now 25) and I still own it. No plans to ever sell my Bronco either.

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
I got my first and only bronco when I was 15. My family suprised me by waking me early in the morning on my birthday so we could take a trip from california to oregon to pick it up. Ten years later (now 25) and I still own it. No plans to ever sell my Bronco either.

Thats a cool story...my dad woke me up one morning and said were goin on a trip also, pulled up to a building, when I got out, my overnight bag hit me in the back of the head as he drove off. It was the recruiters office.

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
Got my first EB earlier this year. Always wanted one since I was about 13, 42 now. Have owned several full size Broncos. Hope to pass this down to my boy....

JSBX

Contributor
I am 60 years young. Bought my first Bronco in 1978. I have owned around 30 bronco's since then. That is counting driver's and part's trucks. Just have two now. A 76 and a 74. Make that three. Still have one part's truck. The 74 will be with me from now on if the good Lord is willing.

stock74

I forgot to mention that my dad bought a '68 in the 70's or 80's after owning pickups and an fj40. He held onto that until my sister and I got older and then my parents decides to sell it so they could get a bigger vehicle. Then a few years later he bought a '71 which we are still in the process of doing a frame off restoration. He is in his mid 50's. He is the one that got me into wanting an early bronco.

ElkhartBronco

Loc.
Cedar Bluff
My first Bronco was my first daily driven vehicle. I was 18, took a loan out for 2 years to cover the 2500$ for a 67 body sitting on a 72 frame with a 289 in it. That was back in 1987. Time flies when you have a Bronco addiction!!!

JohnnyB77

Loc.
Amarillo, TX
First EB

I'm 35 , got my first EB ..a 73 when I was 17. Sold it to buy my first New Truck when I was 20.
Found it sitting in a field a few years ago, tracked down the owner and bought it back.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
My first EB was a '69 purchased in 1980 when I was 27. Bought it in Northern California when I was in the Navy and drove it daily for 7+ years. Finally sold it in Houston and bought an '82 Bronco. Got back into EB's in 1999. Currently have 2 EB's and a '78.

I'd try to buy back that '69 if I could ever find it again! ;D

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
I love these stories. I bought my first one in Sept 2009. Late bloomer I guess. Wishing I had a longer history with it, but I feel like I know it almost like the back of my hand. If I ever get in a bad mood, I just have a seat in my Bronco and all is well. Never for sale. I'm 48(ugh!) and my EB is 39.

sdugs

Loc.
Jax, FL
Bought my 1st bronco a 68 in San Diego in 92 when I was 23. Still have it, wont ever let it go, was my daily driver until about 5 years ago, Bought my 77 in 2000 here in Jacksonville. Im 44 now and they will both be in family for awhile. My son wants them and I told him maybe when im in the ground lol.

Sean
68 and 77 EB