• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cheapest Place to Buy Aluminum Radiator & any Extra Parts

u10072

Bronco Guru
Hello All,
Well I am needing to buy a new radiator for my Victoria project and was planning on the cheaper aluminum 5.0 conversion route. Just curious if anyone knew a place that's the cheapest to buy one with free shipping. When it's literally all the same thing you might as well get the best deal the Chinese make :). Honestly if the local RD units were any good I would pop for one of those but they really are not unfortunately. I want a 3 core unit, would love a fan shroud and will be using a mechanical Explorer fan.

Mounting... So is the consensus that you buy the 4 core mounts or just modify the stock ones to work?

Thanks for the help,
Matt

Wyo4x4er

Check out champion radiators by ledfoot. They are awesome and cheaper than other vendors.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Check out ebay. There are a couple of aluminum radiator suppliers on ebay, Champion, Atomic, etc...
You can get a 2 row aluminum radiator for an eb for about $160+/- bucks.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
call radiators for less...guys name is Rick 404-805-0082

he sells on ebay and had the best price. the 5.0 swap was easy, i didnt have 4 core mounts, but i modified what i had and works fine. i looked on ebay and didnt see any with his name...so i would call him. besides you can "call" him and talk about the rads...he is a nice guy.

mine is a champion

OP
OP
u10072

u10072

Bronco Guru
see this is why this list kills it-- you ask a question that I am sure has been beat up a thousand times and in a couple replies you have all the info I could need.

What about the shrouds for use with a mechanical fan?
Thanks Again guys!!

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I have the explorer serp and reused the stock eb shroud. There were nutserts in the mounting flanges on the radiator (top and bottom) made using stock shroud easy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
There are bl specific aluminum shrouds at WH and Toms. Kind of expensive.
WH even has a special aluminum one. Real expensive.
There are fiberglass and a plastic composite out there that look exactly like original. I chose fiberglass because I knew I would have to modify it. I did and it went great. The fiberglass one is pretty cheap and much stronger than I thought. I am certain I could lay it on the ground and stand on it (6'5" 245 lbs). It is uber strong and cheap. I got mine at either JBG or BC.

OP
OP
u10072

u10072

Bronco Guru
Airbur--hey what did the shroud cost new do you know, what mounts did you use the stock or 4 core units?

OP
OP
u10072

u10072

Bronco Guru
Mass produced aftermarket parts just sent out without a care to make them actually fit? Say it aint so!!!!