• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cheapest place to buy quality door hinges?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Where is the cheapest place to buy quality door hinges? Do you know of any of the parts houses running any deals? Let me know.

Thanks,
Blue71

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I have a set of stockers in great shape if you are interested. Otherwise, a lot of people will probably recommend the wild child lift offs. Personally, I thought they were pretty chincy, but a lot of others have been running them for years without any problems. They seem to be the cheapest hinges - lift off or non lift off on the market.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I couldn't suggest the Wild child hinges or any of their other products as they appear to be made poorly in someones garage? I just ordered a set of the WH removeable door hinges with the quick remove straps and I expect they will be well worth the money (260 shipped)
I would think the cheapest way to go would be to reuse a stock set and have new pins installed by a machine shop. Otherwise I think you can buy new repops through some of the vendors (WH) for around 180 bucks.

Ben

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I had a set of the WC removeable hinges and the pins bent right off quick.

I got a set of the WH SS lift off hinges a few weeks ago. A buddy has them on his rig and they are really nice and put together really well. After I re-skin my doors this winter I'll put them on.

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah..so far JBG seems to be the cheapest. I am going back stock, so let me know if you see them cheaper.

I'll PM you Greatjustino.

Thanks,
Blue71