• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cheapest place to buy winch

FindlayJeff

Loc.
San Luis Obispo
I looking at buying a warn m8000 after deciding against the cheaper super winch and the Smittybilt x20. In my research I have found a site called Gowarn.com that has great prices but amazon has got them beat buy a few bucks. Both have free shipping. And warn has a 50 rebate wright now. Any other sites you guys know of

jetdoc

Loc.
Horn Lake
take a look at promark off road 10K silverback series. I had a Gorilla 8k on a heep and it worked great. I paid about $400 (ebay) and it came with plate, roller fairlead, cover and wireless remote. It bailed me out more than once. But you'll never go wrong with a warn they were just more than I had to spend at the time

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like you knew the answer to your question all along.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Go to your local 4WPW March Madness show if you have one, talk to the warn reps and negotiate. There was one in our town this weekend.
I got another XD9000i for a steal and it came with extras too. Too much to list and could probably get someone in trouble if I post it up here. Along with the (Mar.-May) rebate, I couldn't walk away from it. I'll be mailing out the rebate tomorrow.

GloNDark

No I don't want either of those winches I want a warn. I can get the warn m8000 on amazon for 526 with warns rebate and free shipping

This is what I did. I was looking at the Smittybuilt winches for $299, then looked at the XRC Smittybuilt for $450 shipped and figured hell for an extra $100 I get a tried and true warn winch.

OP
OP
F

FindlayJeff

Loc.
San Luis Obispo
Truck and winch price was 604 I actual found a sight called warn factory outlet and they had a priced ate 539 plus 50 back from warn and free shipping that 489 to my door

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
Are you looking for a cheap winch, or are you looking for a cheap price for a nice winch? Clemson 4 wheel has good winches (warn 9.5ti and 9.5ti-s) for just about the cheapest price i've seen. And Fred Perry (From ultimate adventures) runs the shop, great guy.

http://www.clemson4wheel.com/

Luke

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Get your Warn and take advantage of the rebate that's going on now.

After seeing the cheaper models work along side the premium models, you'll notice "you get what you pay for".
Pay the extra $200. For the higher end winch because after purchasing the cheaper version, you'll end up telling yourself, "I shoulda got that 9.5 w/ synthetic rope"

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Get your Warn and take advantage of the rebate that's going on now.

After seeing the cheaper models work along side the premium models, you'll notice "you get what you pay for".
Pay the extra $200. For the higher end winch because after purchasing the cheaper version, you'll end up telling yourself, "I shoulda got that 9.5 w/ synthetic rope"

AMEN to that. Winches are that tool that doesn't get much use, BUT when you need it you usually NEED IT!!!