• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cheer'em on!! Deadline Free4All! *Update 6/1/04* - DONE!!

HigginsHorse

Looking good. I'm rootin' for ya. Thanks for the color info. Who did your rollbar? And did you buy the diamond plate bed or did you fabricate? If you bought it, who did you buy it from and how much?
Thanks
HigginsHorse

U

Unregistered

Thanks HigginsHorse! We are going to make it...barely!!!

The cage started out as Protofab's basic 6 point, then we added the seat riser, tire rack and side bars. I am very happy with the way it tured out.

I did a cad drawing of the plate, bought the material ($140) and called in a favor from a local fab shop to cut it. There was plenty of plate so I also had a couple of dash covers and several steering cover plates cut at the same time.

OP
OP
broncoman1972

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
It's DONE!!

At least it's driveable. They drove it earlier. I even got to give my youngin' a ride. He actually didnt' want to bring it back!!;)

I guess they will be seein' some of you in Tenn. They drive out in the morning. Congrats to them!!

Attachments

• DSC00377.JPG
    DSC00377.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 190
OP
OP
broncoman1972

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Admiring their hard work....It's hard to believe less than 2 weeks ago this truck had no paint!

Attachments

• PANA0282.JPG
    PANA0282.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 186

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Wow, that was fast for a total rebuild. Looks great too. Now, I could use a little help from your friends if they have anything left in them :)

classic4x4s

Loc.
Zachary, LA
This has been a prime example of TEAM WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone of us would have slacked off, we would not have made it! This was mostly a five person crew with support staff, if you will, and it took us all! And not one cross word, now that's amazing!

This was taken 2 1/2 weeks ago.

WOW!!!

2bad, they all say never again...but we'll see...

Attachments

• DSC00402.JPG
    DSC00402.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 176

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
wow, that was fast and looks great, maybe you and your crew could mozy on over a little when your in tenn and do a few days work to mine :)

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Very sweet! Hopefully, I will be able to make it this weekend...my plans have been thrown a wrench, but not the one I needed. I would love to see it in person. Great looking truck!

yak67

Bronco Guru
that's amazing, nice truck!:eek: what size tires are those, are they, are they the 34's? been wanting to see what they would look like on an EB.

OP
OP
broncoman1972

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
I'll answer since they should be in route to TN. The tires are 35x12.5 Swamper Trxxus on 8" wheels.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
this whole entire project makes me sick! You guys did a fabulous job on that rig & it looks great.

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
I made sure that I looked at that ride yesterday and they really did a wonderful job and the owners were a pleasure to talk to.