• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

chemical dipping, where??

michael084

Loc.
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
Trailpshyco, I would be interested. The two plants I could find in Birmingham had vats that were 5' wide by 6' deep and like 27' long. Not big enough for a whole body but like you said it would probably warp it anyway. But I think a frame and other parts would fit well, a windshield frame would be a good one to do it on. The place in Mobile Alabama acted like I was crazy for even asking they seemed tonever have thought of doing old car parts, I guess they do big commercial stuff.

michael084

Loc.
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
I just got a call back from the place in Mobile, AL . They will do a frame for $150 this includes dipping it to remove any rust left on there. You have to bring it to them extremely clean tho, no mud or grease or paint left on it. Funny thing he said they did a early bronco frame for a guy 3 months ago.