• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cherokee wiper arm - anybody get the washer integrated?

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Well, I upgraded my wiper arms this weekend to the rear cherokee wiper arm as described by Todd Henderson in an earlier issue of Bronco Driver.
I had trouble keeping my windshield clean during a snowstorm this past winter.
The arms are equiped with washer fluid lines to allow spraying of the washer fluid through the arm - which would be cool at 55mph on a windy day, where the stock setup will fail.
Anybody successfully run their washer fluid lines up inside the windshield and out to the wiper arm to complete the setup?
I don't see how it could be done and still look clean.

74familyeb

Loc.
norfolk
Do you remember which month that was in. And do you have any pics of what you did. Sounds like a good idea.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I think you're right about it not looking clean using the Heep sprayer. You'd have a little hose to the wiper sprayer on the outside and would probably have to drill holes to run it into the windshield frame and down to firewall and bottle and stuff. I wouldn't bother. The Cherokee arms work great, but the heavy wet winter white stuff you're still gonna be wiping windshield clean and then collecting clumps up top with the top mounted wipers anyway when it is really coming down. I have to open the window frequently to shove away clumps of snow if it's a good heavy downfall. Keep an eye out for that slick bottom mounted wiper setup if you really plan on doing it alot in the winter. I've bailed on mine pretty much in winter. They salt too much around here and it will eat an EB in a hurry.