• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chip Foose draws a '66 Bronco

77Bronco636

Thanks for sharing!!
Would love to see him build it...he is one talented guy!!!!!

bbaltered

I like the idea of hot rodding a bronco and I like almost everything that chip does. But, no bronco should ever sit that low.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I usually like Foose builds but I don't think a 4x4, less alone a Bronco should be in the weeds low. Doing some custom design changes on the body would look good (Think Howard in West Michigan) but slamming a Bronco just doesn't seem right. Maybe do those on an early Falcon. Just my humble opinion.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Love to see him build it....but please stop calling that thing a Bronco. There's nothing remotely related to a Bronco in that rendering.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
My first comment above was based on a still pic of the rendering. I just watched the whole video. Awesome to see a true artist at work. His comments about the simplicity, elegance and timelessness of the original Bronco design were right on - that's what I've always liked about the Bronco. In deference to LSUpete, I really don't care if he calls it a Bronco but you're correct, there won't be anything about that's real Bronco - Mustang running gear and aftermarket body. I found it funny that he is more concerned about offending the Mustang purists than he was about offending the Bronco purists!! ;D

Very cool drawing and, again, I hope he builds it.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I usually like Foose builds but I don't think a 4x4, less alone a Bronco should be in the weeds low. Doing some custom design changes on the body would look good (Think Howard in West Michigan) but slamming a Bronco just doesn't seem right. Maybe do those on an early Falcon. Just my humble opinion.

I am with you.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
not a big fan of what his design is, should have just started with a falcon convertible. I am amazed of all the tools of his trade he draws with a cheap ass 19 cent bic pen. kind of unforgiving tool.

Jakedog

Looks like several old ford cars combined. I see a little early mustang, early falcon convertible, Bronco...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
not a big fan of what his design is, should have just started with a falcon convertible. I am amazed of all the tools of his trade he draws with a cheap ass 19 cent bic pen. kind of unforgiving tool.

He has his moments right. ;)