• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chrome brush guard value?

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I took this off a 67 I'm rebuilding and saw on Facebook that people are looking for these. A couple people asked to buy it but I have no idea what they are worth. Any idea?

Attachments

• 20220127_083238.jpg
    20220127_083238.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 67

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably $50-$100 depending on the condition of the chrome. Then again, given the insanity of today's Bronco market, someone looking for a retro-restoration might just pay more.
But that's what I'd consider a reasonable deal for both parties at this point.

Paul

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I have seen them listed a couple times for about 100 bucks. Seems like they usually sell pretty quick too.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Thanks guys, I had two different offers of 250 plus shipping so it looks like they want it and are definitely in line for a real good offer then. I appreciate it.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Thats becaus getting chrome done these days is near impossible unless you have a mexico connection. they will never be remade chrome new again. so vintage is whats left. I used to have a Black painted one in the old days until I used it to pull a shatch em strap. still have the strap not the grill.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
I took this off a 67 I'm rebuilding and saw on Facebook that people are looking for these. A couple people asked to buy it but I have no idea what they are worth. Any idea?
Too bad it's not like the one I had on my 74 Ranger back in the 70s that went just under the hood and also around the lights it was black.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Can you send me a picture and are you looking to sell it?
399strokerEB, I don't have good pictures of my Ranger but this ones about the best with the brush guard with headlamp guards I have, i know its bad but you just have to look hard, this was back in the mid to late 70s picture. Ive been looking for one forever. View attachment 914865

Last edited:

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Probably $50-$100 depending on the condition of the chrome. Then again, given the insanity of today's Bronco market, someone looking for a retro-restoration might just pay more.
But that's what I'd consider a reasonable deal for both parties at this point.

Paul
Hey DirtDonk,

Have you ever seen a brush guard with the headlamps guards from back in the 70s floating around like the one on my Ranger? I know it's a bad picture but it's all I got, I was too busy off roading, hunting and drinking beer rather than taking pictures!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hey DirtDonk,

Have you ever seen a brush guard with the headlamps guards from back in the 70s floating around like the one on my Ranger? I know it's a bad picture but it's all I got, I was too busy off roading, hunting and drinking beer rather than taking pictures!
I've seen guards like that before. Pretty common back in the day.

Todd Z.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru

I sold one of these just a couple years ago for $300.00. It was in Great shape though.

Qumanchew

Contributor
Loc.
Kutztown PA
I've scrapped two of those, but when you were buying the whole Bronco for $300 the brush guard wasn't worth $3.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
I've scrapped two of those, but when you were buying the whole Bronco for $300 the brush guard wasn't worth $3.
I wished I could find a Bronco for 300 to get to my daughter's place so my young grandson could look and and play around on it while I gather part's for when he's old enough to go 5hrough it qnd make it sound.