• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cleaning auxillary tank

YNOTBOB2007

What are you using to clean the auxillary poly tank (original 77)? I've heard of rocks and chains....do you use fuel and shake it around? My gas was really milky and I think varnishy....if that's a word. I'll be replacing the fuel lines too. Thanks!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The rocks and chains are more useful in cleaning out metal tanks. Plastic tanks need a bit more care or you will be looking for another tank if you crack it.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I cleaned my 77 aux tank at the local car wash power washer because of he location of the inlet it’s pretty easy, and since it’s -plastic you don’t have to worry about rust , make sure you get the inlet sock because it will be toast

SeaVee

Contributor
I took some anchor chain and muratic acid and shook kit around, rinsed with power washer. Repeated with acetone. Looks clean but have not reinstalled it yet.