• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clutch pedal assembly ??

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
I am looking for some photos on the assembly of the clutch rod, equalizer bar and motor mount brackets to complete my set-up. I believe I have all the parts except the motor mount piece. Not sure what it looks like.

In addition what is the "z bar" used for? That might not be the correct term however I have seen it used that way so just tryign to get some info.

Thanks-

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The Z-bar is what you find in Chevys. Ford calls it an equalizer. It is the bar that takes the pulling motion of the body side clutch rod and converts it to the pushing of the engine side adjuster. If all works right it is suppose to make up to the differences engine movementwithout feedback in the clutch pedal.

As for a picture, sorry don't have one. Although I will look around. I think one of the venders has an exploded view of all the parts somewhere.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The best I could find today is this
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/07.asp

And for the hijack thread...Bronco pedals are bronco pedals. Might find the rubber pedal pads on other trucks, but the parts that make it work need to come out of a Bronco. Unless you like to modify and fabricate stuff, then anything will do.

66halfdone

Loc.
St Louis
I believe this to be a motor mount piece. The small one
is cast iron with a long bolt into the block and a short
bolt into te bell housing.

OP
OP
NYBronco

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Thanks-

I appreciate the help. One question is if I have the equalizer bar do I need the motor mount bar also located in the photo in the post? Or will the equalizer bar mount right to the bellhousing? It looks like it mounts right to the bell housing in the WH photo.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you don't already have it there, then you will need one. The bracket bolts to both the bellhousing and the block. You need all the parts for it to work right.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Thought I'd throw this at you. Might help.

Attachments

• ClutchLinkage.gif
    ClutchLinkage.gif
    73.5 KB · Views: 19