• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cold weather crankcas evac system

1970mule

Bronco Guru
so I just finished putting my crankcase evac system on and it seems to be working got about an ounce or so of water in the little catch valve. so my question is if I had a cracked block and had water getting into the system would I be getting water like this in the catch. I checked the oil and it is not foamy white a little white but not like when I cracked my upper intake manifold and got water in the oil like that. I just want to be sure that I did not crack my block. or is it normal to suck out that much water from the crank case in the cold weather out in the Midwest. thanks for any help.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
It's normal. That is the system working. Get it good and warmed up to really drive the moisture out. Not just water temp, get the oil temp up nice and warm. That takes a lot longer then just warming up the water.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
so I just finished putting my crankcase evac system on and it seems to be working got about an ounce or so of water in the little catch valve. so my question is if I had a cracked block and had water getting into the system would I be getting water like this in the catch. I checked the oil and it is not foamy white a littlle white but not like when I cracked my upper intake manifold and got water in the oil like that. I just want to be sure that I did not crack my block. or is it normal to suck out that much water from the crank case in the cold weather out in the Midwest. thanks for any help.

Could you explain the system you installed? I googled "evacuation system" and all I found was racing relates equipment. If you're concerned about moisture in the crankcase, you need to make sure your PCV system is working and thermostat is correct like Viper just said. Also, you should do more frequent oil changes to get rid of the moisture and unburned fuel that is also accumulating. I've also experienced climate change experiences with my recent move from CA, but mine was minor compared to your change. Good luck!

OP
OP
1970mule

1970mule

Bronco Guru
Could you explain the system you installed? I googled "evacuation system" and all I found was racing relates equipment. If you're concerned about moisture in the crankcase, you need to make sure your PCV system is working and thermostat is correct like Viper just said. Also, you should do more frequent oil changes to get rid of the moisture and unburned fuel that is also accumulating. I've also experienced climate change experiences with my recent move from CA, but mine was minor compared to your change. Good luck!

I have the evac system that you plumb into the exhaust system to the valave covers with a air/oil separator in between. yeah this place is crazy. too cold. and i found out mud terrains no workie in the snow so good.;D