• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Color Help Please

Seattle Rob

Hi All

In the midst of a rust/dent repair and complete re-paint. My bronco is a family bronco (i.e. wife approves of colors) and therefore we have a decidedly less aggressive color scheme. My stats:

1) I'm going to keep the base light grabber blue
2) The rocker panel over-wrap of linex will be lost and I'll be putting in a fresh (painted) ranger stripe
3) My bumpers and roll bar will remain "white"
4) Interior flooring is color-matched linex light grabber blue
5) I'm installing new TBP high-backed front and tumble back seats

My issue:

1) I plan on matching the whites of the roll bar/bumpers/ranger stripe
2) What do I do on the upholstery though?
a - keep it black (not sure how that will look) and then put in black door/quarter panel kits
b - custom upholster in parchment (may be really tough to find a match); if it is parchment, do I then paint the roll bar/bumper/ranger stripe in a wimbleton white?
c - custom upholster in a brighter white and paint match the roll bar/bumper/ranger stripe (and thus also the doors and quarter panels)?
d - other ideas??

I'm not a color dude. It's hard for me to picture something other than what I have now...but it all will change. Would love your thoughts!! Trying to post the pics below (hopefully it works)

Attachments

• IMG_3725.jpg
    IMG_3725.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3731.jpg
    IMG_3731.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3732.jpg
    IMG_3732.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 164

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
WOW! Nice rig! Are you sure you want to dismantle that thing and re- paint? I don't see any rust and the only dent I see is on the dr side fr fender. Maybe there is some under lying rust that I'm not seeing, I like the color combo you have now, I like the white and would keep it regardless of what the interior color is. I like black seats and door panels and carpet, it would be difficult to get all that in custom white. Mixing in Wimbledon white would not look good, just my 02cents tho, love the rig, and good luck. :cool:

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, I could never live with a white interior. If I had to pick I would find blue seat covers. The Mustang parts guys sell very good quality from TMI. The Mustangs had more color choices. I upgraded my 66 Mustang with a sport style with more bolster padding. My wife wanted the Pony seat covers, and now I want Pony style in the Bronco. PM me if you want the name of the place I got it from. I think you can get color samples. Good luck

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
For interior I'd do a take on 1974 explorer blue interior. Use this for inspiration.

d0bc81265157bd5b2fc3acd472d1da50.jpg

Then match your bumpers, cage and ranger stripe in whatever white you want. If you are doing a hardtop match it too.

ECEB

A member on here sells the stripe kits. I have a 73 ranger where it was repainted and they painted on stripes and it did not look right so we removed it all and painted it solid and I am hoping to get a stripe kit (special decor this time).

Also, I think if you are going to go white you should do Wimbledon white everywhere possible. The blue interior could be nice as TX SS suggested.

OP
OP
S

Seattle Rob

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. I called Tom's to see if they had thoughts. Turns out that they are about to sell their seats in a matching parchment. Huge news and big money saver for me relative to having to endure a custom upholster job. I think they are 2 months+ out on carrying the item though. Still...I'll wait. Feels like I can keep the parchment seats and perhaps darken my whites a bit so it is less of a contrast.

OP
OP
S

Seattle Rob

Ok. So looks like I have settled on Light Grabber Blue for the body. Wimbledon White for the Ranger Stripe, Bumper, Rollbar, Tire Carrier. I'll then have parchment seats and upholstery.

QUESTION - What do I do on the grill?
a) Argent Silver
b) Light Grabber Blue
c) Wimbledon White

Attachments

• IMG_3731.jpg
    IMG_3731.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 17

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
A member on here sells the stripe kits. I have a 73 ranger where it was repainted and they painted on stripes and it did not look right so we removed it all and painted it solid and I am hoping to get a stripe kit (special decor this time).

Also, I think if you are going to go white you should do Wimbledon white everywhere possible. The blue interior could be nice as TX SS suggested.

Broncitis sells the stripes

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Ok. So looks like I have settled on Light Grabber Blue for the body. Wimbledon White for the Ranger Stripe, Bumper, Rollbar, Tire Carrier. I'll then have parchment seats and upholstery.

QUESTION - What do I do on the grill?
a) Argent Silver
b) Light Grabber Blue
c) Wimbledon White

I do like argent grills but I think yours will need to be white to look right.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Personally, it is too much white and matching of white for me between the seats, roll bar, bumpers, tire carrier, Ranger stripes and now grille.

I'd go with an argent grille (like all Rangers came with) or blue and ditch the white bumpers and have them painted or powdercoated argent as well (like chrome bumpers the Ranger also had). Tire carrier in body color like OEM.

Ranger stripes in Wimbledon White. (if you are again considering the factory style decals as we talked about a while ago, I can of do them with the orange screen printed pinstripe like OEM, or that can be cut out so that body color shows through instead of the orange).

Then do the seats in parchment (parchment covers have been available for years from multiple vendors, so I am not sure what is new about any that Tom's is working on?).

As for the roll bar, argent, body color blue or satin black.