• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Complete Suspension Overhaul

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's finally starting to warm up enough where I can get out in garage and start on the suspension redo on my Bronco. It has a lift on it now, 2.5 inch lift, but is old school stuff and rides pretty rough. I've bought a bunch of new parts for the change-over, 3.5 inch lift springs, front and rear, all new front end bushings, adjustable trac-bar and drop bracket, pitman arm, and a set of T-Rex arms from Duff. Only thing I haven't bought yet are shocks and am planning on getting Bilstein's once everything else is done.
It's been a good many years since I've done this much suspension redo at one time , am looking for advice on trying to get it all back together without any problems, for example, the trac-bar. Never used an adjustable trac-bar in the past, is there anything in particular I need to do, as far as taking measurements, etc. before I start? Let me add that the rear is no problem, it's the front I'm a bit apprehensive about.
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
Just my opinion but before measurements for the trac bar aren’t as important as the after. You want to try to get the axle centered under the truck.

OP
OP
B

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just my opinion but before measurements for the trac bar aren’t as important as the after. You want to try to get the axle centered under the truck.
Yes, I know that , but it's not centered right now. It looks to be about 1-2 inches off center to the driver side.